January HDCOTM?

• Thread starter Deleted member 88227
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 88227

Are we not nominating people for Jan or did I miss the nomination thread somewhere?

We can't start the monthly contest until the annual contest is completed.

The rationale is that the winner of the annual contest is not eligible for the monthly contest.

Seemed like Jan Nomination was started the same time the Yearly voting was started last year. Anyway, was just making sure Jan wasn't forgotten.

Pretty sure you're not eligible regardless of the outcome. Everyone has to wait at least 1 year before being eligible for DCOTM and being DCOTY makes you except permanently I think. So you wont be eligible until April of this year unless you win DCOTY

Pretty sure you're not eligible regardless of the outcome. Everyone has to wait at least 1 year before being eligible for DCOTM and being DCOTY makes you except permanently I think. So you wont be eligible until April of this year unless you win DCOTY

Absolutely correct, so that rules me and you out as well. Noms this month are going to require some serious thought

He/She who brings the most to the table should win. That said, with our team being so small, certain people would be winning again and again. (You know, like this one person who's basically a team unto them self in 95% of the BOINC challenges...)

*edit* Oooh. Palindromic post! :p Messages: 6,006 */edit*

Not sure I fully agree that the person who brings the most to the table should always win. That person might only be bringing 50% of what they're really capable of and it's a huge slap to the face to the person who's bringing 100% of what they can bring to the table. You know?

However, it is easy to spot the members who are returning a lot of results and nominate them. Let's just not forget the ones who have been there for a long time giving what they can, also.

That's a good point, Skillz. Just goes to show that knee-jerk reactions aren't always the best and can be short sighted to boot. :) There are several very good people here who don't have massive output, but provide invaluable guidance and support. My apologies. :)

Well that's a second nomination from me as well. When it opens of course.

Not sure I fully agree that the person who brings the most to the table should always win. That person might only be bringing 50% of what they're really capable of and it's a huge slap to the face to the person who's bringing 100% of what they can bring to the table. You know?

However, it is easy to spot the members who are returning a lot of results and nominate them. Let's just not forget the ones who have been there for a long time giving what they can, also.

Exactly this. Someone who posts in the forums, makes setup guides to help others, researches the projects, does extensive testing while sharing the information is just as valuable to the team and others as someone that could bring a million systems online. PPD isn't everything. ;)

Back