Ivy Bridge laptop reviewed

pxc

Extremely [H]
http://www.laptopreviews.com/hp-elitebook-8470p-review-intel-ivy-bridge-shines-2012-04

Pictures of hardware and numerous not very good benchmarks are used. The HD4000 graphics in the sample scores about 10% higher than the Llano A8's HD6620G (AMD's current fastest laptop APU graphics) in 3DMark Vantage Performance mode. While that doesn't really predict gaming performance, it does show that IB has significantly closed the performance gap for integrated graphics.

The tested model is not an Ultrabook. With a 6 cell battery, they estimated 4-5 hours of typical use battery life, which unfortunately doesn't really confirm or dismiss any "problems" with higher than expected TDP since the CPU is a lower clocked ES with no revision information shown. The low speeds suggest an older ES CPU and not one ready for release.

Last edited:
4-5 hours run time on beta hardware seems pretty decent to me. Graphics performance is impressive!

Thanks for posting this -- I'm happy with my Desktop at the moment but planning to purchase an IB laptop... a small one, with integrated graphics, that I am thrilled to know will be able to compete with the A8 in the graphics department.

i think the hd4000 will meet or beat the 6620g, if that score is right.

hd3000 has put up decent realworld performance for an igp. Hd4000 will do way better.

intel offering "discrete level" graphics...... who wudda thunk it

trinity will offer better graphics, but its cpu will lag far behind

at this point, i would be comfortable buying an intel with igp.

Back