Its official : 1 million PS4's sold in 24 hours in North America.

Godmachine

[H]F Junkie
https://twitter.com/yosp/status/402014678244524032

PS4 has sold through over 1 million units within 24 hours of the launch in North America!!! :D

Albeit many were preorders regardless this is a great start. I personally love my PS4 , its been a totally pleasurable experience all around. PSN problems were taken care of much faster than I expected and I was able to download full retail games without issue.

Congrats Sony!

This was official a long time ago. At Gamescom back in August Sony announced that they surpassed 1 million pre-orders. So if this includes that number, then nothing has really changed.

Now, if it sold one million excluding pre-orders, that would be something to talk about ;)

What is everyone playing? I dont really see any games worth running out and getting this for.:confused:

This was official a long time ago. At Gamescom back in August Sony announced that they surpassed 1 million pre-orders. So if this includes that number, then nothing has really changed.

The deal is that they had 1M physical consoles to sell through. It's easy to "sell" millions in pre-orders and have no backing.

It's a big deal, you'll hear more about it in the coming months.

What is everyone playing? I dont really see any games worth running out and getting this for.:confused:

Non PC gamers (important point ;) ) have plenty of games to play. Battlefield 4 has been pretty big for the PS4 and so has COD, NFS, and AC4.

Last edited:
The pre order numbers don't make it any more or less record breaking. All consoles have had Pre-orders;

Copied from GAF;

Some context:

At launch, PS3 sold 0.19M in 2 weeks in the US. It took them about 50 days to ship 1 million units in NA

Wii sold 1.25M in the first 42 days in NA

Xbox 360 sold 0.9M units in the first 39 days in NA

So yes this is a very big deal, I expect the Xbox One to pull high numbers aswell. It might even pull a million in 24 hrs too, I wouldn't be surprised.

If Microsoft and Sony can keep up with demand and sell out through the holidays I couldn't imagine what the Wii U numbers are going to look like.

In fairness to the PS3, I think it could've made the 1 million sold in 24 hours if Sony had more units available for the launch. Not launching in Japan probably helped the numbers for PS4 too, either way, very impressive launch for Sony!

I have to try hard to remember that myself sometimes. ;)

I have a very high end PC gaming rig and still love my PS4. It's just about a different experience. I wouldn't play BF4 on PS4, but other games are fantastic on it. Right now I have Madden, Killzone, Injustice, NBA2K14, and NFS: Rivals. Enjoying each one greatly.

I will say that I've been heavily considering cancelling my Xbox One pre-order because of how good the PS4 is. On one hand, there are just no good exclusives beyond DR3 at lauch. On the other, I know I'll get an Xbox One eventually so why not just get it now to tinker with.

I will say that I've been heavily considering cancelling my Xbox One pre-order because of how good the PS4 is. On one hand, there are just no good exclusives beyond DR3 at lauch. On the other, I know I'll get an Xbox One eventually so why not just get it now to tinker with.

forza is the only reason I'd get an XB. But that game alone at the moment wouldn't justify the long term cost yet.

forza is the only reason I'd get an XB. But that game alone at the moment wouldn't justify the long term cost yet.

Never liked Forza. It's not deep enough to get me away from GT, and its not arcade enough to get me away from NFS. Just not my preference.

Da gonna outsell dat Wii U in overall sales by Santa day, dayum. :D

Farmer Fran, is that you?

farmer+fran.jpg

Yeah this isn't really surprising. With off the shelf hardware and no proprietary hardware needing to be manufactured sony and microsoft can churn these things out at record pace compared to previous gens.

It took the Wii U a week to hit 400k. I'm interested to see sales momentum through the holidays.

That's a lot of pre orders. I want to see one in my local game stop Wal-Mart or best buy sitting on the shelf. I bet they will do strong thru this last quarter as long as they can get them to the stores

Agreed

I bought an x360 4gb Slim off CL for $175 new in box back in oct '11. Person that sold it to me said he got it when he bought a Toshiba laptop. I bought a returned scorpio 320gb black (frys) and a case for the drive and Forza4. Basically spend $285 just to play forza4. That is literally the only game I play/bought for the x360.

I will not spend $500+ for a Forza game... Not when I have a car to spend mods for!

Back