Is this a decent deal?

dirty_dan

Weaksauce
I need to put together a quick comp for gaming/surfing/etc, and a friend offered to sell me his mobo/cpu combo.

its a prescott 3.2 socket 478 and an abit ic7 max 3 with all original boxes etc. for $175

So including the parts i already have ill end up with
prescott 3.2
ic7 max 3
1gb pc3200 kingston value
bfg 6600gt oc
maxtor 160gb
optical drive
case

so does that mobo/cpu deal sound ok? should i offer less?

Of course your gonna offer less..:)

But Its not a bad deal...Im running a MAX 3 and is a solid board...Its one of the best overclocking boards out there with minimal effort..even better with a few volt mods...
Chances are the Northbridge fan is either bad now, or will be very soon....Not a big deal though, they are easily replaced....

Your gonna need some good cooling though with that Prescott....

I had a 3.2 Prescott on this board and it made a nice toaster oven, and kept my room nice and warm..:)...
Im running a Northwood now and Im much cooler.....

well i already brought him down from 200$ so i figure he might not like me lowballing even more. hehe.

I don't know my Intel pricing well enough to say, but your next point of upgrade should be that 6600GT. It is a very slow card.

Thanks for the imput guys.
Already bought them, and everything looks great. Now i need to see if i can get my hands on some cheap water cooling parts to keep that pressy coooooool.

ok a little update.

same friend offered me a x800pro agp for 120 bucks.

sound decent, or are there other AGP options around the same price range that i should opt for?

thanks. im doing a bit more research.

things sure have changed alot since i was last at this forum. i remember when the 6800gt was the card to beat. hehe.

Back