Is this 3DMark score good for my system?

Maulenstein

Weaksauce
Alright, sorry if this sounds irrelevent but it's been kinda bothering me.

My system isn't OCed (it runs at a average 61C right now, don't want to toast anything.) But it does have some great stuff in it.

Athlon 64 3200+
GeForce 6800 GT
1 gig of Cosair (Twin sticks)
SB Audigy 2 ZS
Hiachi 160gig HD.

In 3DMark my average score is 103XX (the XX being a random number.) While I understand that it's good and I should be punched in the face right now for worrying. But there's a lot of people who have a higher score than that with the same systems (or even weaker, one guy had a 105XX score with a 2.8ghz P4.)

I installed the drivers for the processor, videocard, and soundcard of course. But I feel I forgot to do something else that's bottlenecking it.

Also off topic but.. In Far Cry I've been having a graphical error at this one part. First level where you hang glide, and when you swoop down through the canyon a mountain on the right (where the dirt trail is) looks crisp and clean, but when you get close and look at it's replaced by this really blurred gray blob.

Sorry if I sound like an idiot, I'm just worried.

if it isnt oced try runnin with lower cpu voltage for lower temp.. if u have good cpu it might run 0.1-0.2v lower stable. my cpu at xp3200+ ([email protected]) n 6800nu (400/900) always get slightly over 10k in 3dmark so ur score is bit low 4 ur spec..

My system:
P4A 2.4GHz
512 MB(PC800) Samsung RDRAM(2x256)
Sparkle 6800GT
Creative Audigy Player
250GB Western Digital SE

My score is: 10078
3DMark 03 score

So either you system is not running up to specs, or the CPU dosn't mean as much as the GPU in 3Dmark 03 :confused:
BTW, my scor was with eMule, anitvirus, firewall, deamon Tools ect. running in the background.

Terra - Happy with his score :)

Edit: pselling errors ;) *L*

Maul, your score is fine for your machine at stock speeds. You have to look very carefully when comparing 6800 scores on 3DMark because the app doesn't properly detect the 6800 series' GPU or memory clocks. Any scores that are significantly above yours probably have the video card overclocked a decent amount. Be sure to check the descriptions, as they often tell you what speed the video card is running at. The default speeds for a 6800GT are 350/1000.

it seems a bit low ...

my system:

A64 3.0
6800 GT (Leadtek) (350/1000)
1 gig corsair

(all @ stock speed)

3dmark: 105xx

Maulenstein said:
Athlon 64 3200+
GeForce 6800 GT
1 gig of Cosair (Twin sticks)
SB Audigy 2 ZS
Hiachi 160gig HD.

what motherboard? maybe you have a crappy sis mobo with crappy AGP drivers? or a via board and those pesky 4-in-1's are acting up. :confused:

Maybe you need a fresh install of Windows ? :mad:

Also what type of Corsair ram? If you got PC4000 with slow timing instead of 3200 with fast timings that could be affecting your score too.

I'm gettin in the 12,500 range. :cool: :D

My motherboard is a M8I K8N Neo.

My ram is Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200.

Are there drivers for the Corsair?

Also, my PSU is 480W Thermaltake.

And yes, I closed down my virus scanner MSN, NView, whatever's running in my dock for the tests.

AA/AF is off.

But I do have the IQ on Quality, did some of you guys stick it on performace or whatever?

I have almost the exact same system as you

mine:

Athlon64 3200+
ASUS K8N-E Deluxe
1GB Corsair 2x512 CAS2.5
eVGA 6800GT (stock speeds)
WD Raptor 36gb
Using onboard everything

My 3Dmark2k3 score is 10,7XX

Vid settings are application controlled AA/AF and IQ=Quality

So you are around the right score.

p4 2.53
1gb ram
160gb sata
6800gt (oc'd to ultra)

i get in between 10-11k

I almost have very similar specs as you.

Processor, vid, and ram that is...

No overclocking on anything but video.

Before the video overclock... I was getting 11,4xx - 11,5xx
After the video overclock 395/1180... (as of last night) 12,083.

Is that 61C your CPU or Vid Card temp?? If its CPU.. I'd check that out.

Videocard Temp.

Alright, so if you have almost the same parts. How are you 1k more then me? Am I missing any drivers or what?

Maulenstein said:
Also off topic but.. In Far Cry I've been having a graphical error at this one part. First level where you hang glide, and when you swoop down through the canyon a mountain on the right (where the dirt trail is) looks crisp and clean, but when you get close and look at it's replaced by this really blurred gray blob.

Known issue should be fixed in 1.2 patch. As for reference about a P42.8

I get around 127xx in 3dmark03

2.8P4
1 gig of Geil Golden Dragons CAS 2
BFG 6800 Ultra

Normal run, with driver set to quality

Maulenstein said:
My motherboard is a M8I K8N Neo.

My ram is Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200.

Are there drivers for the Corsair?

Also, my PSU is 480W Thermaltake.

And yes, I closed down my virus scanner MSN, NView, whatever's running in my dock for the tests.

LOL, no there's no drivers for RAM! :rolleyes:

But you might need to tweak your bios settings. Run sisoft and see what your ram timings are. They might be set by SPD to the wrong setting which I have seen many times. You might need to manually set them to what they are supposed to be, in the BIOS. You hit delete when you're 1st booting up, & the screen is black with white text.

Maulenstein said:
I installed the drivers for the processor, videocard, and soundcard of course. But I feel I forgot to do something else that's bottlenecking it.
Did you install your motherboard drivers? nForce drivers are available from nvidia's website. www.nvidia.com

Check the voltage in the bios for your RAM also. If it's beefy corsair RAM, it might only be feeding it 2.6v when it needs 2.75 or 2.8.

I don't know my scores to the T, but 3dMark '01 is roughly 18,5xx and my 3dmark '03 is 11,2xx

Card is running stock

Maulenstein - I'm not sure why there's such a difference in scores.

Depends on ram that you have... I've got the Corsair TwinX PC3200XLPro DDR with 2-2-2-5 timings. It's some screaming ram... thats for sure. I've got fast writes disabled in BIOS... and am running ForceWare 65.73's. Possible that some minor tweaks may fix that your problems. Make sure that you dont have any AA or AF turned on during the benchmark.

But you do have a nicer mobo than I... wish I was using an NForce Chipset... I'd like to OC my Processor to at least 2.3GHz... but this K8V SE Deluxe just doesn't allow for much overclocking.

Well not to be dick, but if you dont know that ram doesnt have drivers you shouldnt care much about what your 3dmark is at all. Anyway........

liquidinferno said:
Well not to be dick, but if you dont know that ram doesnt have drivers you shouldnt care much about what your 3dmark is at all. Anyway........

Thats what I was thinking while I was rotflmao, but I didnt want to be a dick! :)

Agh, sorry for bumping this.

LOL, no there's no drivers for RAM!

But you might need to tweak your bios settings. Run sisoft and see what your ram timings are. They might be set by SPD to the wrong setting which I have seen many times. You might need to manually set them to what they are supposed to be, in the BIOS. You hit delete when you're 1st booting up, & the screen is black with white text.

Alright, so what should the correct settings be?

Alright, worked on my RAM.

Now I get 10,6XX scores! Whoo! Is that what it should be for my computer?

read motherboard manual.

go to Rojak's pot and read his bios guide. I think some of the pages you can read free, but for the full guide you have to subscribe.

10,600 is decent

I'm getting 12,500 :) where a link to your benchmark run?

That could be useful. I can tell by your fill rate or game tests possibly where you're lacking.

p4 2.8c
512 corsair 2-3-2-5
evga 6800gt (400/1100)

3dmark03: 11,6xx

Obvious thing to me to do would be to simply read the thousands of other marks that users posted at the official futuremark.com site. duh

he's running at default 350/1000 (I think)

while almost everyone else in here is running around 400/1100 +

Back