Is this 120hz list up to date, Q's inside help.

Bish8

n00b
http://www.blurbusters.com/faq/120hz-monitors/

A list of 120hz monitors and most seem to be out of stock. Apparently the Samsung are the creme de la creme and my only options are benq or asus

click here VG248QE and BENQ XL2411T only ones being in my price range.

Their specs are pretty much the same in regards to pixel pitch, cdm and contract ratio. Only the Benq has lower power consumption and i found it cheaper.

What i would like to know;

Is the Benq and Asus monitors i selected the only option for me in that price range?

Which one would you recommend over the other and why?

Why are there not more 120hz monitors on the market and in stock?

How do i know if i need a dual link dvi cable or it would be happy with a standard one?

Thanks

there's a XL2411Z as well, which is pretty much XL2411T with the strobing feature, at the same price. Also AOC makes the 144hz g2460pqu which is about as good + cheaper, but doesn't allow for lightboost.

It's up to date with Mokkat's addition I think, but the list will grow this year considerably. There are Gsync/ULBM monitors coming from Benq and Asus, of course, and I'm really just guessing there will be a lot more 120Hz monitors that don't strobe around the corner as well.

So would you suggest i wait til the new monitors come out before i purchase the above at a reduced price?

Well, both of those monitors are capable of amazing things, but your expectations as far as color reproduction and backlight bleeding will come into play if you are easily bothered by picture quality issues. I'm not sure how much cheaper the 248QE and XL2411T will be getting when newer monitors come out, but the monitors that we are waiting for are going to be more expensive, definitely. My guess is that you will be pretty amazed with the Benq and like it. I wouldn't really choose one over the other for any reason other than price or styling as they are very very similar, and it should come with DVI cable included.

Thanks Mokatt & Bluesun, if there was a rep button or something id add to it but it doesn't seem like you get one in this forum.

Back