Is there anything better than the Samsung 244T for the money?

John

Limp Gawd
I'm on the verge of ordering two Samsung 244T 24" monitors for $690 each, after hours of poring over the threads in this forum. I'm not 100% sure I'm making the right choice though, so I thought I'd post a quick thread to see what the general opinion is.

As far as I can see, there are a few options for a sub-$700 24" monitor.

- Samsung 244T
- Dell 2407WFP-HC
- LG L245WP

Is the 244T the right choice? (I'd be using it for Photoshop, movies and games.) Or are there any 24" monitors that are a lot better than any of the above for a little more cash?

I'm on the verge of ordering two Samsung 244T 24" monitors for $690 each, after hours of poring over the threads in this forum.

Well, it seems you have missed the information that it has about the worst input lag of them all (50-60 ms). I'd take the LG simply because it has very little input lag (in comparison with Benq with the same panel) and that I aven't seen the numbers for 2407-HC. Also, I haven't seen anybody complaining much on these LGs.

I'd take the LG simply because it has very little input lag (in comparison with Benq with the same panel)

Does the LG have the P-MVA or the A-MVA?

Either way, I like think both of those panels are better than the S-PVA in the Dell and the Samsung.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I've looked into it, and it seems that the LG L245WP is a far superior monitor. I'm thinking it'll either be two of those, or I might opt for a 30" if I can find a good one.

Other options might be the new 27's from Dell and Samsung.....I believe the Dell to be better despite both having Samsung panels.
With a 30 at 2500x1600 you need a very powerful GPU and you also put your DVD/HDTV at the mercy of the GPU's scaling.
WRT resolution, if it doesn't look great/fantastic/awesome at 1680x1050, then neither 1920x1200 or 2500x1600 will help as resolution above 1280x1024 is incredibly overated for both games and DVD/HDTV.

Other options might be the new 27's from Dell and Samsung.....I believe the Dell to be better despite both having Samsung panels.
With a 30 at 2500x1600 you need a very powerful GPU and you also put your DVD/HDTV at the mercy of the GPU's scaling.

I don't see the point in a larger screen unless there's a resolution boost - I have a 7950 GX2 that should be able to cope with 30" though.

I don't see the point in a larger screen unless there's a resolution boost - I have a 7950 GX2 that should be able to cope with 30" though.

Whilst it may not be as ideal for photoshop, movies and games won't suffer, and in fact, compared to any 24, the 27's will be better.
I'm not trying to be rude to you, but if you've adopted the LCD res purist mentality, God help you, LOL.

Whilst it may not be as ideal for photoshop, movies and games won't suffer, and in fact, compared to any 24, the 27's will be better.
I'm not trying to be rude to you, but if you've adopted the LCD res purist mentality, God help you, LOL.

It's nothing to do with being a purist, if I'm sitting 2-3ft away from a screen it's going to be easier to view a 24" than a 27".

I'm on the verge of ordering two Samsung 244T 24" monitors for $690 each, after hours of poring over the threads in this forum. I'm not 100% sure I'm making the right choice though, so I thought I'd post a quick thread to see what the general opinion is.

As far as I can see, there are a few options for a sub-$700 24" monitor.

- Samsung 244T
- Dell 2407WFP-HC
- LG L245WP

Is the 244T the right choice? (I'd be using it for Photoshop, movies and games.) Or are there any 24" monitors that are a lot better than any of the above for a little more cash?

the samsung 244T is quite an older panel and suffers sever input lag, I would not recommend it to anyone, go with the LG, I got an LG and it's great, lowest lag of all the 24's

Back