Is there a way to summon someone or reset a quest in Oblivion?

Generaluser45

Limp Gawd
I mentioned last week that a quest was broken, as Armand Christophe never shows up at night, nor is he around during the day.

this has made progressing through the thieves guild missions impossible.

I've incarcerated myself for 3 years waiting for him to show up, and have nothign to show for it.

Is there a way to reset the quest and do it over again, or better yet, just summon Armand so I can get credit for what I've done?

I recognize the name and I think I've done the quest, but I can't remember - can you elaborate a bit more? I'm pretty sure I can help out if you can jog my memory.

If you are doing low level thieves guild quest.. he should be available at midnight in a corner of the waterfront.. (On the side with the shacks along the outer wall) He's a guy with a torch, you can't miss him.

I'm more than aware of where his cabin is, and where he should be at midnight.

I'm on the quest where you steal the bust from llendynhall, and pin it on the elven lady that gave me the note to join the thieves guild.

Everything is done except for the "meet up with Armand at midnight"...because the worthless fuck is never there.

I've waited weeks in game, I've waited now days out of the game. I even went and put in god mode long enough to cause an incarceration for over 3 years, and he does not show up.

He's nowhere to be seen, which truly complicates paying off fines, and makes further progress in the thieves guild impossible. In the mean time, I've been closing out every oblivion gate I find while waiting for, not armand in the game, but someone HERE to have an idea of what to do...I've made it to level 18, I've amassed over 140,000 in gold, and a lot of really sweet treasure. Starting over is not an option

Oh i know what you're talking about now. You know the set of shacks in the waterfront district? - it's outside the walls (i.e. opposite side of the walls near where the pirates/dock stuff is). He'll be the only guy holding the torch, but if you're not within 15 minutes of midnight, you might have to fish around.

He's roughly 10-15 feet away from the bed where the bum sleeps at night.

Can't believe I couldn't remember his name - he was a likable guy.

[edit] bleh, you might want to check with the other members of the theives guild. There will be at least one or two times when he's not around.

JRPereira said:
but if you're not within 15 minutes of midnight, you might have to fish around.

He's always standing right where he's supposed to when I go at 2am

you should have gotten a message that the guards are looking for him, so he wont show up, you should talk with methredel about what to do. she showed up in my house in waterfront when i was unloading some stuff. she should be around there somewhere unless she finds you first.

You're probably on the quest where he's in hiding
tongue.gif
Talk to the M lady. She's usually running the show when you can't find Armand.

EDIT: S'krivva in Bravil will let you pay off your fines too.

Spank said:
you should have gotten a message that the guards are looking for him, so he wont show up, you should talk with methredel about what to do. she showed up in my house in waterfront when i was unloading some stuff. she should be around there somewhere unless she finds you first.

yeah, go in her shack and talk to her then there is another quest you do for her until armand comes back

Armand owns a shack at the waterfront, I never checked it at the times when he's supposed to meet you at midnight (he always showed up for me) so I don't know if that'll work, but have you tried checking there? He might be in his house.

Yeah he has a shack around the area your supposed to meet.

Lol I even snuck in when I turned vamp and drank his blood.

You need to bribe Lex to go search the lady's house. After that Armand comes out of hiding and will meet you at the garden in the water district.

Problem solved.

everything in this mission is done.

1. The bust was stolen.
2. Methedral or whatever her name said Armand is in hiding
3. Bust was put in the elf's house.
4. Lex was bribed to check it out
5. Elf was incarcerated
6. The quest tells me to wait for Armand to come back "the next midnight".

That was 3 years ago in-game time. He's never shown back up. I've done everything needed in the quest except get my reward.

you have to steal the ice staff or whatever from the arcane acedemy then they will pull lex and the guards out of the waterfront then armand will come back not before!!!!!! you have to talk to methredel either in her house or in a house in the city. believe me i know i am guildmaster

As far as the original topic goes...

IS there any way to summon NPCs... I'm needing it now, stupid bastard isn't showing up. (not armand, different quest)

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. Totally my fault.

And no, it didn't take me this long to figure it out, I've just been playing nonstop. 40 hours now. O.O

Back