Is there a way to stop the "Network cable is unplugged" icon from coming up?

Atooraya

Limp Gawd
Everytime i turn off bluetooth on my PPC, the god damn icon stays in my status bar the entire time :mad:

Just aggrivating

Originally posted by Skragler
You can disable all the bubble messages with TweakUI, iirc.

I do the same thing, down with the evil bubbles.

You can also use Cacheman, it was linked off of the [H] frontpage a few days ago. Heres the link at MajorGeeks:
link

I'm not on my XP machine right now so I can't give you exact directions but:

Go to your network connections (if you can't find it, it's under the control panel) and click on the properties for the network connection you want to turn off the icon for (could be ethernet, firewire, etc.). Probably something like "Local Area Connection".

There should be a button in the properties menu (the one that has all those clients and protocols in it) that says, "Show icon in taskbar when connected". Uncheck it, and hit apply. :D

I have this same problem, except even when I hide it, after I reboot it comes right back. Very frustrating. I looked around in TweakUI, but I don't see any way to turn off that particular notification.

You can just disable that network. Right Click>Disable.
Not Sure if thats what you want to do. I do that b/c I am on wireless but have a normal network but I never use it, so I just disable it and the icon never comes up.

I'd rather not have to enable/disable the network connection every time. It's not that big of a deal with my wired connection as I rarely use it. However I'd like to avoid disabling my bluetooth connection as it sees some use.

Back