Is there a "voltage read point" on Motherboards for vcore?

pigpen

2[H]4U
I've used a multimeter to check all my voltages through the molex's and everything is checking out fine; very stable. but i'm stumped because i'm getting some random crashing (and boot up issues) that i know are unrelated to my OS / Temps / Ram. Maybe the CPU is just on the way out, which is completely possible (it's an old fella.) But i just wanted to know if there is a way to check the actual vcore with a multimeter through a contact on the motherboard. It's an s478 abit max 3.

Thankyou.

Since this varries from mobo to mobo this thread belongs in the mobo section and pref under the Intel section.

one of the easiest spots on all motherboards is the voltage regulation mosfets

This could be a long-shot, but it may be worth checking for solder joint cracks on the mosfet legs. I recently worked on a friend's machine with an old IS7 that had problems with random blue screens - once even BSODing after a steady 48 hrs of prime 95 & a reboot. Pressing on the mobo while it was running caused it to restart, I thought it was the memory for the longest time. I ended up resoldering all the mosfet legs after finding some with what appeared to be cracked joints - there wasn't much solder there in the first place, which is why I suspect they cracked. After the resoldering, the board never bsod'd again. Just something to look for if you have the time (and a magnifying glass).

Back