Is there a support group / solution in facebook that can combat against hacker?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
a page was hacked. This hacker claims he would like to " help me set up some sponsored ads" and next thing you know, he takes control of the page, now asking for advertising revenue. The original owner needs help, as that page has followers. Is there any way to fix this?

also, does Facebook , Europe division has an actual dept. or phone no. on this?

a page was hacked. This hacker claims he would like to " help me set up some sponsored ads" and next thing you know, he takes control of the page, now asking for advertising revenue. The original owner needs help, as that page has followers. Is there any way to fix this?

Hacked as in you gave them the password and they abused it? You're done... Contact Facebook and as pendragon1 said stop trying to play tech support when you don't know what you're doing.

I use FB only for one photography group I am a member of, and totally ignore the rest. But I have to think that FB has a security dept. If one page can be hacked, maybe the entire website is vulnerable. The last thing FB needs now is a nasty data breach, which would get them into serious doo-doo with European regulators, the US government, and who knows who else.

She in Europe. The person sweet talk her into more business, and sort of ask to be a business partner of her page. She fell for it. Once that person takes over, he wants $ , he wants advertising revenue from her page. In which that page only have 3.8K follower. Now that person wants to take full control of that page if she don't agree on paying advertising revenue.

This partitcular type of hack is new to me. The ones I see quite often is some jack ass post photos at a group, and in that post, there is a link to some original page /group, and if you click that page/group, they lure you to buy fake scam t-shirt, from made in Dhaka, Dhaka Division, Bangladesh, w/ scam phone no. such as 855-999-7840 or 844-909-4899. If you then search under the phone no., you get a lot of complaints on scam.

She in Europe. The person sweet talk her into more business, and sort of ask to be a business partner of her page. She fell for it. Once that person takes over, he wants $ , he wants advertising revenue from her page. In which that page only have 3.8K follower. Now that person wants to take full control of that page if she don't agree on paying advertising revenue.

This partitcular type of hack is new to me. The ones I see quite often is some jack ass post photos at a group, and in that post, there is a link to some original page /group, and if you click that page/group, they lure you to buy fake scam t-shirt, from made in Dhaka, Dhaka Division, Bangladesh, w/ scam phone no. such as 855-999-7840 or 844-909-4899. If you then search under the phone no., you get a lot of complaints on scam.
It's a basic and ancient social engineering technique. Nothing new, just need common sense to avoid it.

Lol yeah, philb2 took it a little seriously and naively :p. It's not as if there's some widespread security issue just due to someone giving their password away.
right? hi i handed my car keys to a stranger and the SOB stole my car! Everyone make sure you don't do this!

Back