Is the Memory to Blame for These BSOD's?

Cyraxx

Supreme [H]ardness
Just got done with another completely random BSOD, this time with the message MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. Everytime I get a BSOD its different, everytime theres one daily, completely random.

First and foremost, I know this is a hardware issue, I have installed Windows 20 times to make sure. Now exactly WHAT, I have no idea. I have been told its a suggested memory issue, yet I have run memtest for 25 passes with both sticks in, 25 passes with 1 stick in, and 25 passes with the other stick in. 0 Errors. Is it possible to have faulty memory even with 0 memtest errors? As I said, the BSOD's are during complete random moments, no connection between them, and what is on the BSOD is completely random, the last one just happened to be MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Memory: Corsair Dominator 8500C5D
Motherboard: Abit IN9-32X-MAX

Any idea whats the best way to find the root of my problems, or just RMA until it fixes =( ?

Just got done with another completely random BSOD, this time with the message MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. Everytime I get a BSOD its different, everytime theres one daily, completely random.

First and foremost, I know this is a hardware issue, I have installed Windows 20 times to make sure. Now exactly WHAT, I have no idea. I have been told its a suggested memory issue, yet I have run memtest for 25 passes with both sticks in, 25 passes with 1 stick in, and 25 passes with the other stick in. 0 Errors. Is it possible to have faulty memory even with 0 memtest errors? As I said, the BSOD's are during complete random moments, no connection between them, and what is on the BSOD is completely random, the last one just happened to be MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Memory: Corsair Dominator 8500C5D
Motherboard: Abit IN9-32X-MAX

Any idea whats the best way to find the root of my problems, or just RMA until it fixes =( ?

Honestly, I wouldn't expect that to be a memory error. More than likely, it sounds like a driver or software issue of some type. Which version of Windows are you using and what drivers and such do you have installed for your system?

RedBeard, this woudnt happen to be yellowbeard would it? :confused: But just saying, if there is any more easy way to talk to you through an IM, it would be appreciated. :)

Im using Windows XP, how I install my driver are through integrated driver packs onto my Windows CD ( www.driverpacks.net ). Windows automatically detects the correct drivers out of the packs if im not mistaken.

If you're getting random bugcheck codes, then you probably have a flakey motherboard, a questionable power supply, a wobbly processor, or bad memory. There's really no way to tell without looking at the dumps or doing some troubleshooting.

I see - I'm probably going to be betting on the Motherboard, as my PC Power & Cooling 750w is the last thing I would expect, either that or the memory, but I only say the memory under the question of if its still possible even if memtest shows no errors?

But anyways, if you can, what would be the best way to test between those 4?

I had some of the same issues-turned out to be the processor. I'd run Memtest for the memory, then Prime95 from the UBCD to test the processor. In my case the memory tested good, but Prime failed right out of the gate.

whats UBCD? Either way, going to run P95 overnight in blend Torture mode see how it goes. I have a feeling its not the proc, but anythings possible. Next stop after that is RMAing the motherboard. :(

EDIT: Hmmm I see this is Ultimate Boot CD your talking about, Do you think it would be better to run CPU Burn In or Prime 95? as I said, these crashes are completely random. could be after 1 hour of gaming, could be after 12 hours of gaming.

whats UBCD? Either way, going to run P95 overnight in blend Torture mode see how it goes. I have a feeling its not the proc, but anythings possible. Next stop after that is RMAing the motherboard. :(

EDIT: Hmmm I see this is Ultimate Boot CD your talking about, Do you think it would be better to run CPU Burn In or Prime 95? as I said, these crashes are completely random. could be after 1 hour of gaming, could be after 12 hours of gaming.

Either would work, I was just more familiar with Prime. It really helped in my situation. Narrowed it down completely.

Back