Is now the right time to buy? (Newegg Weekend Deals on GPU & CPU)

IceWeasel

[H]ard|Gawd
EVGA 896-P3-1255-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail $219 - $30 MIR - $10 IR = $179.99
or SAPPHIRE 100259L Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail $174.99 - $10 IR = $164.99

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 Wolfdale 2.8GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Retail $119.99 (Cheaper than the 7300)

What do you guys think of these prices? The 260 price is the lowest I've seen lately, although it does require MIR. Would you recommend either of these for a budget gaming build?

P.S. I know about the questions at the top, etc... I just want your opinions on these prices. Thanks! :D

Oh my God... $179.99 after rebate for the GTX 260?? Oh how I wish I had enough PSU power to power two of them... I would definitely get in on that deal in a MINUTE.

The price for the 4870 is incredible too.. Seem like very great prices indeed to me.

Oh my God... $179.99 after rebate for the GTX 260?? Oh how I wish I had enough PSU power to power two of them... I would definitely get in on that deal in a MINUTE.

You do have enough power to power two of those cards. We all planned your system to have that headroom :)

Anyway, those prices are good, if you think rebates are guaranteed or something.

Now whether or not I'd recommend those cards for budget gaming system depends on the following:
- What PSU is being used?
- What's the max resolution of that monitor?

PRICES SUXX. THEY NOT PAY ME TO USE.

DANNY make GOOD question
ME HUNGRY. SUSHI. CIAO.

PRICES SUXX. THEY NOT PAY ME TO USE.

DANNY make GOOD question
ME HUNGRY. SUSHI. CIAO.

Seriously, whatever you're drinking, I want some :D

Oh and forgot this is the last post: The E7400 is an excellent CPU choice.

I also agree that the E7400 is a great choice. I recently recommended that CPU to a friend who wanted to build their first computer.

e7400 has been that price for a month or two - the e5200 might be a better deal at $73, and if you can get to a Microcenter they have the best CPU prices.

You do have enough power to power two of those cards. We all planned your system to have that headroom :)

Haha! You guys did an amazing job picking out the parts for my system, I must say :D Oooh... I may just be taking advantage of those low prices and getting two of them soon :3 I wonder how much of an upgrade they shall be over my 8800GTS SLI. So glad I went with the 750tx hehe.

Damn, why didn't I read this thread more carefully when it was new? lol. I didn't realize those prices were that low... oh, now I remember... they were AR prices! I agree with Danny, if you get the rebates, great deal.

Would I recommend them for a budget gamer build? depends on the budget! ... and of course the answers to danny's questions.

Haha! You guys did an amazing job picking out the parts for my system, I must say :D Oooh... I may just be taking advantage of those low prices and getting two of them soon :3 I wonder how much of an upgrade they shall be over my 8800GTS SLI. So glad I went with the 750tx hehe.

If your system is playing games fine right now, wait for the next refresh. The GT200 series is a bit old, and only one 1 gen above your old cards.

Back