Is my SSD why my computer keeps shutting down?

A few weeks ago my computer just started randomly shutting down, I thought maybe it was because my system was old and parts had started to fade, after checking all the ram sticks 1 by 1 and getting coretemp and stuff, I figured the issue wasnt RAM or overheating since I replaced the thermal paste on the CPU and it ran cool 100% load.

It seems that after it blue screens and reboots, my OCZ vertex 2 LE 100gb won't show up in BIOS, I don't think that it has died yet, since after unplugging and replugging the power it seems to show up again, does anyone have any opinion on this pickle?

Link: http://www.amazon.com/OCZ-Technolog...LE100G/dp/B0035RQZSG/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

TLDR; what are the symptoms of a SSD taking a dive into dirt

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Some people have reported BSODs with SandForce-based SSDs, especially on certain chipsets. You can check your SMART data for anything suspicious. If you're getting BSODs or system hangs, it could be the drive. I would make a backup just in case.

However, there are a million things that can and do cause BSODs.

Image the drive unto any old drive and try running without it for a bit? Easiest way you'll find out for sure.

Norton Ghost, Arconis True Image, Drive Image XML (free), take your pick... Windows 7's own backup tool can do it too IIRC.

I had similar issues with two different SSDs C300 and Intel 310 series drives.

It came down to a POS, made in China, hot-swap bay. Once I connected the drive directly to the MB (Asus P6T Deluxe) and POWER the problems went away. Unfortunately I lost the C300 in the process.

Back