Is my sensor stuck?

jhinck1414

Limp Gawd
here is a screenshot of the stats.
as stated in title, is my sensor stuck?

cpuspeed.jpg

also which program shows the cpu temp the most accurately?

thanks

Real temp, what are you getting for load temps aka. does it move when you put a load in it?

i did a second test with super pi on and core 0 was 9 and core 1 was 6.

which would now mean they aren't stuck? since they are within 3 of eachother right?

also how are those temps? good for 4ghz with a thermalright 120 ultra extreme?

Real temp, what are you getting for load temps aka. does it move when you put a load in it?

it does move when i put load on. core 0 moves way more than core 1 when under load, but i think i read that is normal.

is it a big deal to have a stuck sensor?

No, although it doesn't look like they're stuck to me. Also, change the Tjmax for your cores from 95C to 100C in the Real Temp options. That'll give you more accurate readings (the Tjmax for your CPU actually is 100C).

Off topic but since you mentioned it, are the 45nms 95 or 100tjmax? I know the E0s are 100 but the C0s are 95[?].

Intel has said that TjMax=100C for all of the E8x00 series. Unfortunately that isn't an exact number. There is some error in that number but they haven't said how much. Plus or minus 5C is certainly possible at TjMax based on the quality of their 45nm sensors used on their 45nm Atom CPUs.

Head to Google and you should be able to find the latest version of RealTemp. Search for RealTemp beta fileden and you should find a link to it.

For accurate temperatures from idle to TjMax, it's important to calibrate RealTemp to your CPU. You will need to read the documentation for that.

When running the sensor test you need for the CPU to be idle before starting. It simply applies an equal load to each core so in theory all cores should increase in temperature a similar amount. A slight difference is normal. If it reads zero then that is a pretty good sign that the temperature reported by that sensor didn't change at all during the test so my conclusion is that it must be stuck or else you have the worlds most incredible cooler.

Off topic but since you mentioned it, are the 45nms 95 or 100tjmax? I know the E0s are 100 but the C0s are 95[?].

All 45nm chips aside from the QX9650 and QX9770 have a Tjmax of 100C. IIRC, the QX9650 is 95C and the QX9770 is 85C. Those are Intel's stated values of course; like unclewebb said, the actual value will vary from chip to chip.

Back