is my new card bad?ASUS R9 290

Status
Not open for further replies.
possible psu? sounds weird that both the 290's are doing it, Maybe something else is going on

Wait. Was this on a fresh windows install or a prior one with a different gpu?

We both may need to re-install.

I am having weird issues with a 290 rebooting when running flash in Chrome. Otherwise it is rock solid. I think the issue started when I installed the omega drivers and the windows update bugged it out. Ever since then, even with the fix, I get random issues just with flash.

Wait. Was this on a fresh windows install or a prior one with a different gpu?

We both may need to re-install.

I am having weird issues with a 290 rebooting when running flash in Chrome. Otherwise it is rock solid. I think the issue started when I installed the omega drivers and the windows update bugged it out. Ever since then, even with the fix, I get random issues just with flash.

Got the same issue. Everything on the PC runs perfectly fine, but when I look at a page with lots of Flash on it I get crazy corruption sometimes. I just scroll the page up and down to correct the issue.

bought a new PSU today, issue still there. I went back to Fry's and returned the PSU and video card. Fry's had some BS return policy anything bought with a Fry's card, so I am on the 3rd ASUS R9 290.

installed old psu, 3rd new card. switched the power and 2 green LED lights up at the 8 pin and 6 pin. only had 1 green LED before on the two previous cards.

reinstalled the drivers, reboot and i'm here. gonna boot up wow and alt tab to see if the squares come back.

just got the msi lightning 290X
sometimes if i double click on my desktop to open a picture, I will see it Shuttering,Jerking, not a smooth opening, im running 13.12s
if i go to CC and goto and check "amd steady viedo" and uncheck it again it and and apply, its OK for a while, it does the same if i have on steady viedo.
this comes and goes works normal for a few hours then problem starts again...
is this a Driver problem or Hardware do u think.....:confused:

other than this the card is Amazing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back