Is my Motherboard screwed?

y3k

Weaksauce
Well you see, my Anahiem3 motherboard I pulled from a eMachines was working fine just a week ago. I cut the power switch on to my power strip and the motherboard cuts on the second I switch the main power strip on. I didn't even press the on button. I then went and pressed it to turn it off, but all it did was click off at the time I had held the button down, then when I released, it turned back on. I don't know what's wrong. I never had my power strip on during a thunder storm, or have done anything horrific to the motherboard recently. I believe it may just be burning out. The powersupply I am using is well known for being crappy, but I used a better quality one and the motherboard still did the same thing. Anyone know what's wrong?

I had a board that did something similar out of an emachine computer. I think your board is dead. At least mine is. I've tried it in several configurations with different hardware and it doesn't boot up at all.

When I plug it in and it turns on by its self it doesn't boot. Screen blank. Pisses me off because I need it for my mod.

I'm gonna have to use my Anahiem2 with the 600Mhz Celeron for my mod now. Is the 600MHz Celeron overclockable?

What kind of CPU were you running in the board that died? You could always get a cheap refurbished one from newegg or some other retailer for maybe $25 or so. I'd prefer spending $25 rather than dealing with an old Celeron 600.

It had a Celeron 1.GHz. Basicly the same motherboard as the 600MHz board.

I'm gonna go check out the site to see if I can find a mobo/ram/processor combo deals.

Back