Is my monitor dying?

alobor

n00b
The screen kinda squishs the sides about 1/4" then returns to normal. It is doing it about every 20 sec or so. Its getting progressively worse. Its a 2000 yr Viewsonic P220f 21".
Ive probally had it about that long also.
Could it possibly be my video card (9800 pro) or bad driver?
I dont know what to do...
I dont knwo where the problem is so I took a guess and posted in this forum.

sounds kinda like what mine's doing.

My screen goes all wavey and unreadable anytime a large portion of it is white. when everything is dark it's ok.

Luckly my birthday is on the 10th and my parents know what a POS this monitor is :)

(crosses fingers for an LCD)

My old Panasonic 27" TV squished everthing into a small horizontal line in the middle, I think it was the horizontal hold that was broken. I took it to the repair shop and it was an easy fix for them.

My monitor for my old system would flare red and i'd have to smack it to get it to go back, then it died, so i had to use a monitor that was 15 yrs old.... now i gota nice 17 inch ttx

Must be something in the water...

My Viewsonic's having problems too... Every time I bring up something that's mostly white, the edges of the screen 'grow' by about 5-10 pixels. When I minimize things and my mostly black background is left, everything shrinks again.

My Viewsonic PF790 is doing what ameoba's doing except it grows when the picture gets dark and returns to normal on a bright screen. I found a temp fix of lowering the monitor resolution, but every time i lowered it a few weeks later it would come back...now i'm at 640x480 60hz and i can only use the monitor for 45 mins before it shuts itself off because the image streches itself WAY off the screen, even when the screen is pure white...Looks like I'll be without a computer until i can afford to get a new monitor :(

Back