Is Kazaa Lite Dead?

scatpack

Limp Gawd
I was running Kazaa Lite as of 2 weeks ago. But i just did a reformat and complete clean reinstall of WinXPpro and when I reinstalled KazaaLite from the old zip copy i had... it now doesn't work. It doesn't connect until about 5min pass, and it doesn't return any search results.

Was this pure bad timing on my part or has Kazaalite been disabled? If so, can anyone recommend another program that wont flood me with spyware and popups?

Thanks in advance

k-lite is pretty much dead. Kazaa has been able to completely disconnect k-lite from the Kazaa network, rendering it almost useless. There are other alternatives out there such as eMule, Filetopia and some others.

I used Kazaa Lite this morning and downloaded 16 songs without a problem. There were 2.8 Million users online at the time.

Kazaa Lite K++ is definately not dead. Yes, the website may be gone but you can find the latest version easily on Google.

Its not being blocked in any way.

You need to have the latest version (which is 2.4.3) to connect. A few changes where made awhile back that prevents old versions of any FastTrack clients from connecting.

That's interesting. It was my understanding that it was blocked from the kazaa network completely. Guess they worked around it.

Originally posted by cuemasterfl
I used Kazaa Lite this morning and downloaded 16 songs without a problem. There were 2.8 Million users online at the time.
Gee whiz, I hope you own those songs legally. :p

Hell I used kazaa lite about 3 days ago to DL an episode of thundercats for my friend and it worked fine for me.

visit slyck.com if you want to check out some alternitive ones. For the free exchange of thought and personal works only right.;)

it works but half the damn songs on their are all fucked up from the riaa messing with them to make them flip out affter 15 secs is there any other client that has good clean songs? emule never works for me, the downloads on it are ridiculously slow. is imesh any better?

Originally posted by Blasterboy460
it works but half the damn songs on their are all fucked up from the riaa messing with them to make them flip out affter 15 secs is there any other client that has good clean songs? emule never works for me, the downloads on it are ridiculously slow. is imesh any better?

One trick I have found is that when you do a search for a song, look for the ones that have a LOT of users. For example, a song that has 35 users will be less prone to be screwed up than one with 1 user. The theory being that this many people will not keep the file if it's messed up. I downloaded 18 songs today, and only 2 were messed up giving me 16 good ones.

Originally posted by cuemasterfl
One trick I have found is that when you do a search for a song, look for the ones that have a LOT of users. For example, a song that has 35 users will be less prone to be screwed up than one with 1 user. The theory being that this many people will not keep the file if it's messed up. I downloaded 18 songs today, and only 2 were messed up giving me 16 good ones.
What do they do to the song any way to mess it up like that?

Tread lightly here folks. Feel free to discuss P2P software until your fingers bleed, but let's avoid any discussion on what you are downloading. Someone will undoubtedly say something they shouldn't.

ITS NOT DEAD!!!!

i havew a version of klite k+++ that still connects to kazaa network... its soooo good...i am the luckyest mofo alive

Originally posted by odoe
Tread lightly here folks. Feel free to discuss P2P software until your fingers bleed, but let's avoid any discussion on what you are downloading. Someone will undoubtedly say something they shouldn't.
And perhaps more importantly, admiting to a crime in a public forum is, how shall I say?, less than brillant?

Not only do you ( generalized you, not you odoe ) risk law enforcement action, but you put the forum owner at risk for legal problems as well.

Originally posted by Format _C:
What do they do to the song any way to mess it up like that?

They insert garbage sound files into the mp3 and use tearing techniques that take say a second of music and lengthen it to 30 seconds to make it completely inaudible and annoying as hell. You can edit them out but wow is it difficult to restore it to the correct timing line of the song. Not worth it IMO.

k-lite ++ is alive and kicking

but, you can use DC++ if you want (however, most hubs require like 2gig + of shared stuff...)

Back