is anyone still mining?

workshop35

Gawd
Other than my gridseeds i turned everything off. Is anyone still able to be profitable with these prices and the high difficulty?

If the difficulty is still high some one is mining but it sure isn't me

my miners are off. the few GH's i got in hashnest are still putting out a very small amount of btc a day.. something like .0001/day for about 150GH.

ZenCloud refuses to cash out for some reason.. all kinds of problems dealing with them but again a very small amount and I already hit ROI so i havn't gotten deep into it.

CEX.IO i'm just letting sit for now. the only reason i got ROI there is cause i used some mined BTC to buy GHS and sold on ebay. if/once they start mining again i'll probablly sell my 60ish GHS and just hold on in the hopes it spikes to a grand again :)

The only hardware i got left is a BFL 7ghs box. it was just to cute to part with. did use it as a foot warmer when it was -30F at my house.

I stopped mining myself a good while ago, but I still do a bit of trading. And with some spare BTC I'm trying out a 1TH contract. So far 1+ month into the contract and daily payouts are very consistent. I calculated my breakeven to be in approx 2 more months. Could they close tomorrow? Sure, who knows... I'm applying basic investment risk management to minimize losses if they do. I'm not sure I can post names here, but you can pm me if anything.

I solo mine with my antminer u1 at 2ghs :p

ZH8p8eu.jpg

I used to GPU mine so all my stuff has been off (and most of it sold) for over a year. Never really got into ASIC mining because the hardware is either not very powerful or hugely expensive. I couldn't see a quick ROI and the Bitcoin market is so volatile that it didn't seem like a great plan.

I'm pretty glad I didn't fork out the bucks for a Hashfast or Teraminer seeing as how that worked out and pretty much everyone who ever gave Butterfly Labs anything never made ROI.

Not at all. She pulls in about $800month, costs about $180 to run.

Well the details would be interesting.
I was not "pulling in" close to that much with 4TH/s last summer. Difficulty is now higher and bitcoins are worth much less.
$800 means you are "pulling in" about 3 Bitcoins a month with a single GPU.
What coin and pool are you mining?

I am definitely interested too with that kind of ratio I could maybe justify buying on.

Well the details would be interesting.
I was not "pulling in" close to that much with 4TH/s last summer. Difficulty is now higher and bitcoins are worth much less.
$800 means you are "pulling in" about 3 Bitcoins a month with a single GPU.
What coin and pool are you mining?

Errr... By Titan, I meant KNC Titan, not GEFORCE Titan :)

That sounds more plausible. :)
But still, what pool and what coin if you don't mind?

That sounds more plausible. :)
But still, what pool and what coin if you don't mind?

Betarigs and when not rented, litecoinpool.org otherwise, we have tried a few, but this is very stable, there was a Titan only pool, which was doing decently but decided on litecoinpool.org in the end. keeping it simple. it's incredibly stable. @ 360MH (overclocked)

when LTC is @ $2 roughly, it's about 8-9 LTC / day, (the pool was paying out 108%, then 105% then 103% now it's 102%) so looking at about $2USD per litecoin / which is about $2.50 Canadian, * 9/day average, ~ $600-650/month - $180 for power.

Now, that is for straight LTC mining, rentals bring in a bit more, and require less work to find better times to convert (good BTC/LTC ratio)

I was holding LTC until the price was better, then traded for BTC sold off when BTC was $375 Canadian, in 2 months we had mined roughly 4.35BTC worth, so $1631 CAD / 2 $816 /month.

out of the $10,000 investment + $680 in taxes, we have recouped about $2,500 in 4 months. I hope to get close to breaking even, but not sure if it ever will. overall I'll still be in the black/green for crypto.

Is that before or after electricty costs?

After. The additional sha coins at multipool also help with diversifying for trading (not everyone's into that. I like it).

The 25 figure is fairly consistent. January (or maybe Feb? Can't remember atm) was interesting, broke the trend hard. There was massive drama with Unbreakable Coin which multipool had been sha mining rather than btc, ended up making roughly 1.1 btc over the course of that week solely in UNB (entirely luck).

Last edited:
Back