Is anyone else looking forward to Logitech G35?

Given their track record with sound products, I have my serious doubts. At least they're using full drivers instead of a bunch of smaller ones and relying on some DSP from Dolby to give the surround sound effect. If nothing else, that's a start over the other crappy "surround sound" headphones out there.

Surround sound headphones have always been somewhat of a gimmic. If you think you need them to have proper surround sound, you've never heard a good pair of stereo headphones before.

The ability of your ears to determine sounds coming from various directions breaks down when you are using headphones and the drivers are so close to your ear; and you only have two ears.

This is a good move for logitech though, branching out. People see the brand and assume it will be good, but honestly, what experience does logitech have making headphones? Why not go for a Sennheiser or Beyerdynamic or some other company that has been making them for probably 30+ years?

And IMO, USB isn't really a good thing. These are supposed to be surround sound yet if you actually have a card with EAX, etc, they won't work with it. USB would be cool if it was just for the microphone maybe.

And IMO, USB isn't really a good thing. These are supposed to be surround sound yet if you actually have a card with EAX, etc, they won't work with it. USB would be cool if it was just for the microphone maybe.

USB isn't that bad, in fact, USB is awesome on my Sennheiser PC135 headphones.
I do have the option of plugging my headset into the sound card, but the USB dongle makes it really convenient, just plug it in and all sound goes to the Sennheisers.

What's funny is that I play quite a bit of CS:S and keep getting accused of wall hacking.

I've been unhappy with most of my mic solutions for a while so I may pick them up just for that. I see this as a Vent helper more than anything; I'll likely keep my Senn 595's for serious music listening.

Back