IROK FE98 Pro 90% Wireless Mechanical Keyboard, RGB Hot Swappable - $47.60

wareyore

HDCOTY 2023
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Having hot swappable switches at those prices seems wild to me.

Sounds like the software that goes with these (but not required to install/use, except maybe particular features) is sketchy, but aside from that seems good

Similar to cherry red linear. Two prong hot swappable.
20230928_1605322.jpg

I don't use their software. Just the firmware built in to adjust the rgb and handle connectivity.

I snagged the Fe75 Pro when it was even cheaper a few months back. Only use it occasionally but it works well.

Thanks, I don't know if I could go back to Reds after using Browns but for the price I might try.
Part of the deal here is getting a good base to build from. I like their 75% base better than my Keychron K10. Just needed a num pad for convenience. And here it is.

And the Gateron Brown switches that came with my Keychron swap into the 75% I have from Irok. I expect the same with the 90%. So, I can customize the switches easily.

20230929_121555[3446].jpg

Part of the deal here is getting a good base to build from. I like their 75% base better than my Keychron K10. Just needed a num pad for convenience. And here it is.

And the Gateron Brown switches that came with my Keychron swap into the 75% I have from Irok. I expect the same with the 90%. So, I can customize the switches easily.

View attachment 602222
Excellent, I ordered one.

Very tempting. I've been using my spare IROK FE75 Pro because my Keychron K8 refuses to pair with any of my Bluetooth adapters, even after factory resetting it. After using the IROK, I must say that I really enjoy it over the Keychron. The problem with the Keychron is that it quicky goes into "sleep", and it would take at least a second or two to reconnect. Meanwhile, the IROK with the included adapter feels a lot more responsive, and never has sleep-lag.

For those interested. There is also the Royal Kludge RK96 available on amazon for 65 after coupon.

https://www.amazon.com/RK-ROYAL-KLUDGE-RK96-Mechanical/dp/B0BQ732228/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2IDYLFGHY4TE4&keywords=rk96&qid=1701058612&s=electronics&sprefix=rk96,electronics,145&sr=1-1-spons&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1

I had one briefly before I bought the Strix Scope ii 96, as I wanted a more gaming centric keyboard. Have to admit though, typing on the RK96 was very nice. They come in two colors at this price, with some additional color ways from other sellers on amazon. RK Yellow switches felt actually quite good. Definitely prelubed, didn't notice any issues in terms of scratching or anything of the like. Nice typing feel and a great sound profile for the price. Would definitely recommend if anyone is interested. Wired, Wireless 2.4g, and Bluetooth capability...Also has a two port usb hub built in (only works in wired mode), as well as volume scroll wheel. Pretty feature packed for the price

2023-11-26 20_18_33-Amazon.com_ RK ROYAL KLUDGE RK96 RGB Limited Ed, 90% 96 Keys Wireless Trip...jpg

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back