iPod Ripper

Keith130

Limp Gawd
I need a program that can rip the music off my iPod (I have iTunes organising my library and I have recently moved my library to another folder and removed the files from my library only to find it deleted all the music I dont know how.) anyway I want the proggie to take all the tag data off along with the ratings etc, I cant find one. BTW im on a windows system.

open your ipod in My Computer and all you have to do is "show hidden folders" and all the songs are in hidden folders, like F01 F02 etc...have fun organizing the files though, there is no rhyme or reason to how they are placed in teh folders.

HighwayAssassins said:
open your ipod in My Computer and all you have to do is "show hidden folders" and all the songs are in hidden folders, like F01 F02 etc...have fun organizing the files though, there is no rhyme or reason to how they are placed in teh folders.
copy those and then import them into itunes it'll organize them.

i really hate how apple did that though

I did think of that but I want all the ratings back, I have my XML library for the old library before i copied the files over and deleted them but it does nothing when I mport it and iTunes crashes.

Keith130 said:
I need a program that can rip the music off my iPod (I have iTunes organising my library and I have recently moved my library to another folder and removed the files from my library only to find it deleted all the music I dont know how.) anyway I want the proggie to take all the tag data off along with the ratings etc, I cant find one. BTW im on a windows system.
http://www.ipodsoft.com/ipodagent.aspx
works like a charm

Ive used that it copies all the songs off just not the iPod database so that it comes with all the ratings etc.

OK so i've got iPodRip to work it copies all the files off and into the iTunes database, however the titles are not the same as on the iPod, some have little squares at the end of the trank name, they dont have the correct capitalisation i.e What do You do for Money Honey comes out as What do you do for money honey and AC/DC becomes Ac/dc. What the hell? I am very particular about this and dont want to sync my iPod because the data being wrong would annoy me. Any fixes?

Back