iPod Malfunction or Software Glitch?

malor

Limp Gawd
I have an iPod Photo 40GB, when I un-dock it and I've been listening to music for a while, it won't turn off, I press and hold down play/pause.... nothing, I pause it and put it on hold....... nothing, Not untill I manually reset it will it shut off properly, and by that time all my settings are lost.

Has anyone else experianced this?

Danke

oh heck ya...my g3 10gb. Reflash it and just reload your songs using itunes or ephpod whatever you use. That fixes it up. I found keeping the ipod on the charger/dock all the time seems to give it all sorts of troubles.

That'll do it! I suggest only docking when charging or udating. Personally, the car charger charges at about 4x the speed and doesnt cause any issues.

car charger? as in the cigarret outlet kind of charger? Or does the wall charger charge at 4x too?

malor said:
car charger? as in the cigarret outlet kind of charger? Or does the wall charger charge at 4x too?
Cigarrette type, its nice...especially since you usually have the ipod in use whe on the road or going somewhere.

yeah, if only I had a car, haha, working on it. City life doesnt really demand one, ah well, could always get the car adapter and rig up a wall converter. Hahahahahaha.

malor said:
yeah, if only I had a car, haha, working on it. City life doesnt really demand one, ah well, could always get the car adapter and rig up a wall converter. Hahahahahaha.
U can ask the bus driver to borrow his cigarrette lighter

fasho, 5 minutes of charge = like, 20 minutes, I might just try to pull that some time. for shites and giggles.

malor said:
fasho, 5 minutes of charge = like, 20 minutes, I might just try to pull that some time. for shites and giggles.
I drive to the gym and it takes 10 minutes. I probably get a good 40 minutes of song time just from that charge.

figures, I didn't really think to condition my iPod battery when I got it, I do now, but I wonder how it has effected it.

malor said:
figures, I didn't really think to condition my iPod battery when I got it, I do now, but I wonder how it has effected it.
I only get 3-4 hours (4 being very generous) of song time. I do use the bass booster and increased my backlight time to 5 seconds though. I did buy the applecare warranty (which I don't see why anyone wouldnt and heck, it was an xmas gift so I added all the extras) so I can bring it to the Apple Store and they should be able to fix it on site.

I hope they don't just want me to swap for a different g3 20gb or a g4. I love the 10gb model because of its small size...you cant find out that small except for the mini.

or you can get one of those thermaltake things and hook it up to your COMPUTER

Back