iPhone 5 Will Be Announced August 7

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Rumors: What would the Internet be without its mainstay product? Next up is the report that Apple will announce the upcoming launch of the next gen iPhone on August 7th along with iOS 6. If the past timelines hold true, it would signal an imminent sales campaign approaching about a week after the announcement.

“I believe that the more likely scenario is that Apple will release the new iPhone in September-October and focus on the Christmas selling season.”

I'm thinking all its going to be is slightly larger/thinner with the same innards as a iPad 3.

Nothing special move along people!

"Look mommy it's the new iPhone!"

"Oh my! That looks like my phone... from 3 years ago"

*Ba-dum-tsh!*

What the hell? The current iPhone isn't capable of 4G?

Nope! iPhone 4 is released (with the number "4" in it...which to me meant that it just had to have 4G as phones already did) then the iPhone 4S came out with...no 4G...

Really makes you wonder why anyone would even want one.

So hopefully a couple years later after the EVO 4G the iPhone 5 might finally have 4G!

Why must a phone change it's look to be good? I have an old school computer case but that doesn't mean my computer is shit

If its a larger screen, more ram, and a faster dual core like 1.8ghz (quad core is not needed), than it will be great

Why must a phone change it's look to be good? I have an old school computer case but that doesn't mean my computer is shit

If its a larger screen, more ram, and a faster dual core like 1.8ghz (quad core is not needed), than it will be great

Because, if it looks the same then how will you show off how cool you are to all of your friends?

The iPhone 4S is capable of HSPA+ type 4G but not LTE. There are two types of 4G tech, HSPA+ and LTE, HSPA+ is like 3G with higher bandwidth. LTE is truly next gen, it has much higher bandwidth, lower latecy and the ability to suck you off. :mad:

My Little iPhone, My Little iPhone
Ah ah ah ah~

My Little iPhone
I used to wonder what cell phones could be
My Little iPhone
Until Apple shared its magic with me

Big adventure

Tons of apps

A beautiful phone
Costly and small
Using Facebook
It's an easy feat
And lawsuits makes it all complete

You have my little iPhones
Do you know you're Apple's very best fans?

I would think it finally (hopefully) having 4G would be special.

What the hell? The current iPhone isn't capable of 4G?

There are no 4G phones on the market, as true 4G phones have a speed requirement of 1Gbps. Every current "4G" phone is 3G tech wrapped in marketing bullshit. The closest thing out there is LTE, which is only capable of 300 Mbps.

That being said, the iPad 3 has LTE in it, and the iPhone 5 will probably also have it. It's a good stepping stone, but not 4G despite what they market it as.

Can't wait to see all the iDrones lining up outside my local Sprint Store to throw down another $700 because they can't wait until it's contract time.

I'm surprised they don't just call it iPhone, in trend with the 3rd generation iPad called iPad. :rolleyes:

Watch it come out looking just like the 4 and they call it the iPhone 4G.

They'd better enlarge the screen. Once you use a phone with a big screen going to a 3.5" model is just painful. My HTC Incredible is only 3.7" and even it feels noticeably bigger than an iPhone 4 screen.

I just don't get it why put a dual core processor and other fancy shit in there when you have to squint to use the damn thing. Maybe I'm biased cause I have bad eyesight.

Hope the rumors are true then. I currently have just the 4, and recently switched to a pre-paid plan to save some dough. Unless there are significant upgrades, I'll probably skip it as I don't feel like paying retail for a new one. Undecided if 4G would cause me to switch, as I'm mostly using WiFi anyway.

I find it silly when companies make an announcement that they are going to make an announcement.

I'm thinking all its going to be is slightly larger/thinner with the same innards as a iPad 3.

Nothing special move along people!

Some rumors says it'll have inductive charging and will do away with data and power cables.

i think it will be called iphone 6

6th gen iphone
ios 6

etc.

and iphone 5 is so passé now. lol

If it has a quad core it will be said that Apple invented the quad core.:p

The funny thing was still when everyone was supposedly disappointed with the iPhone 4S announcement instead of the iPhone 5. The statuses on facebook were beautiful(fuck apple ect.) yet within a week all of them had the 4S...Oh the fail...

Ugh, my iphone4 is showing its age. If the iphone5's design is still the same, I'm going with to wait a bit to get the new one google is bringing out.

Guys, seriously this is not that hard to understand.

Apple didn't put 4G in the current Iphone 4S because none of the chips on the market at the time had acceptable power management.

I got a HTC EVO 4G when they came out and yes the bandwidth was nice, but aside from using it as a hotspot the speed went to waste. However the battery life on my EVO was stupid bad. I had to buy a big ass honkin battery just to make it through my 12 hour work shift. I listen to music, surf the web and watch Netflix/Hulu during lunch.

I switched over to iPhone 4S and I still do all stuff, if not even more now, and my battery is always only about 1/2 used at the end of the day. Yet the battery on my Iphone is literally half of what I had on the EVO.

Apple is about polished, and the solutions available at the time did not not meet the criteria. Doesn't mean it wasn't available. The company I work for makes some Apple chips and the only other company I know that gives up as much a headache is Bosch, and that's automotive which is heavily regulated.

I rather like the hard lines of the iPhone. The rounded / elliptical edges of many phones are kinda blah to me.

Guys, seriously this is not that hard to understand.

Apple didn't put 4G in the current Iphone 4S because none of the chips on the market at the time had acceptable power management.

And, you know, the lack of actual 4G? I believe only 2 "countries" have 4g available.

Back