iPad Pro 12.9 2nd gen screen cracked. Is it worth it to repair it? Can it be repaired?

RavinDJ

Supreme [H]ardness
I have the iPad Pro 12.9 2nd gen... cellular... 256GB. I love it, but the screen cracked...

Is it worth it to repair? If so, what costs am I looking at? Is it feasible? What should be my max budget before I think of just buying another one... I'd like the cellular one since I pay for the ATT data plan and it's very, very useful when I go abroad.

Thanks, guys!

I'd contact Apple just to see what they might have to offer. If you end up getting another iPad Pro, the miniLED screen on the M1 version is excellent.

You can check here: https://support.apple.com/ipad/repair
Plugging in your info, it says $599.

I would suggest it's probably not worth repairing unless you really want to stick with that model (we're on Gen 6 of 12.9" iPad Pro). It's basically greater than half the total cost of a base model new iPad Pro 12.9" ($1099). I would either trade it in, or sell it at a discount. And then either buy a new one or buy a used one from someone else that is in the condition you want for the price you want.

Alternatively you could look into third party service centers, but considering half the purpose of an iPad Pro in the first place is the quality of the display, I don't think it remotely makes sense to get a third party inferior display.

But that's for a complete screen replacement, I'm betting that it's just the glass that's cracked, and if that's the case, it can be replaced for a lot less. But not by Apple.

Seriously, ask Louis Rossman, he fixes these.

We replace screens for way less than 600. We use ifiixit site for quality replacement parts. We have a business discount on parts.

You can check here: https://support.apple.com/ipad/repair

I would suggest it's probably not worth repairing unless you really want to stick with that model (we're on Gen 6 of 12.9" iPad Pro). It's basically greater than half the total cost of a base model new iPad Pro 12.9" ($1099). I would either trade it in, or sell it at a discount. And then either buy a new one or buy a used one from someone else that is in the condition you want for the price you want.

Alternatively you could look into third party service centers, but considering half the purpose of an iPad Pro in the first place is the quality of the display, I don't think it remotely makes sense to get a third party inferior display.
Apple is the last place to go to get your old stuff repaired. They will just want to sell you a new one cause the repair cost is ridiculous. Go to Louis Rossman site and get a estimate from them.

Back