Internet tablets?

So i've been thinking about getting an internet tablet in lieu of a netbook/laptop....

but there really isnt much good info on them.... I know about the ipod touch and the nokia n810....

any there any others out there? anyone have any good experience with one of these things? any recommendations?

thanks in advance....

edit: more directly.... if you had to buy an internet tablet/MID/UMPC (not netbook, handheld is what im after), what would *you* buy?

Last edited:
I have a Nokia N810, it does pretty well, however without Internet access it is next to useless. I have an 8GB MicroSD card in it and use that to hold some music and movies.

I used it very heavily last year when I went to visit my sick grandma. She has a cable modem, and I brought a SoHo router with WiFi, hooked the N810 up to it, and ran an IM client on it, and had it checking my work e-mail, so I was able to answer questions, and e-mails without having to fire up the laptop. I did work 4+ hours a day while up there, this was not planned as a vacation.

sounds awesome... how is the video playback on the unit? would it be a serviceable MP3 player? (think ipod touch substitute)

does the flash+ web browser work well? ex: can it play youtube videos?

really want one of these things...

Back