Internet issue Please Help !

Omionous11

Weaksauce
Hey there,

Windows 7 64 bit ( all updates )

This is very strange, I left Friday with a fully working computer I came back tonight and at first I couldn't even load up FireFox ( I have a wired connection ) It would say " The remote or resource won't accept the connection" but it said I was connected to the internet in the task bar. I went into the settings and turn the setting to "no proxy". This fixed my firefox issue ( I can even use youtube ). However I cannot load up any game I play on the computer that requires internet access. Every game tells me that I have no internet access.

I've run AVG 2014 and have no virus and I ran Spyware search and destroy and just the normal cookie stuff came up. So I don't know what it could be.

I am so puzzled..

Could be someone screwing with you? Were you running behind a proxy in the first place because it sounds like you were or at least someone messing with you by turning them on.

Go through the troubleshooting steps.

ipconfig - verify your ip is correct and all the information is right
ipconfig /flushdns
ping - your gateway and 8.8.8.8
tracert - 8.8.8.8
restart modem
restart router

No I don't believe anyone is messing with me. I am the only person who uses this computer and I don't use a proxy setting. I don't even know how It got turned on.

I tried the steps and no luck

when internet gets really goofy on systems I support.

1. in command line "netsh winsock reset"

2. uninstall the drivers and reinstall the drivers.

Try turning off the Windows firewall, before playing a game that requires an internet connection. Sounds to me like you have malware installed.

I did the system restore and everything was a-ok ! I ended up playing some ESO ( elders scroll online ) for a bit then I logged off. I logged onto my computer today ( about 15 hours later ) and I have the exact same problem ! I even had the issue with connecting to Firefox until I went back into the setting and put no proxy ( it was sitting under auto-proxy again ) I can't connect to any only games and no even my spyware or anti virus programs can't connect ( this is a new problem )

http://www.superantispyware.com/
A proxy setting that just appears and inability to access internet, sounds fishy to me.

I have this and no luck !

thedocta45:

I have a lap top and it works perfect with the net. I have the rogers modem/router. It's a 2 in 1 and I and directed connected

Ruoh:

I just turned off the windows firewall ( it's the only one I have) and this didn't work also !

I have seen many "all in one" antivirus programs with antivirus / malware / firewall do this. I am guessing you have one of these programs since most of them will use that proxy feature to redirect any internet traffic thru the loopback address thru the program before the connection goes out to the web. Do you have the trial or full version of Avg that includes firewall? Maybe it enabled itself? Turn the firewall feature off in any other programs that might have it.

Can you ping a valve gaming server?

If not tracert to one of them, where is its hanging up?

Also an ipconfig might help, or consider downloading wireshark and seeing whats going on on the NIC when you try to get out.

I completely deleted AVG and tried AVAST ( Full version of both ) and both found nothing . I have used Spybot search and destroy, SUPER AntiSpyware Professional, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Only Super found the KB7007 and Privoxy on my comp. It deleted it and said it was gone from my computer but I still have the problem.

I've tried turning off all my firewalls and restarting the comp and see if that worked but even that didn't work.

Something I didn't mention was. Every time I start up the comp I am able to use the internet for about 5-7mins then out of no where everything stops working.

I've flushed my DNS and did a ipconfinged both didn't help

I'll try wire shark

I did a system restore again but with the windows 7 cd instead of going threw the start menu and that seemed to work ! it's been 24 hours hassle free !

I've been busy, so I haven't had a chance to come on and say that it didn't work ! Anyone else have suggestions ??

Back