INTELLIMOUSE OPTICAL - INTELLIPOINT 4.12 program specific button problem HELP NEEDED!

Hello,

After reinstalling my pc, I've come to install the INTELLIPOINT Driver. After installing 5.0, I realized that it did not have the program specific button functions, so i uninstalled and reinstalled to 4.1.

Now, the program specific checkbox is there, but when i click on SETTINGS, it crashes.

I GET:

An exception occured while trying to run "shell32.dll, Control_RunDLL C:\Windows\System32\main.cpl"

The only problem I can see is that there are no connected device available. I have an INTELLIMOUSE OPTICAL (5button) but it is not avaible. In the picture, i see the regular basic mouse. THE DROPLIST IS COMPLETELY EMPTY!

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? PLEASE HELP!

When i update to 5.0, i see my mouse just fine, but they don't offer program specific button function there, so i can't use that. (and i know my mouse isn't broken 100% sure).

Might want to edit your title before you raise the ire of the mods. Try completely removing all MS Mouse software, including registry entries, and then starting over.

what do u mean raise the ire of the mods? What is wrong with my title?

I have tried uninstalling and deleting all folders. when i checked the registry, i don't seen any thing for intellipoint. Do you know where the entries are located? thanks.

godzillasdm said:
what do u mean raise the ire of the mods? What is wrong with my title?

I have tried uninstalling and deleting all folders. when i checked the registry, i don't seen any thing for intellipoint. Do you know where the entries are located? thanks.

All Caps in a thread title is considered shouting, and is usually requested by the mods to be changed.

Second, get a reg scanner to clean up anything left by the software you uninstall.

OK. I feel like im talking to myself here,

but i post in effort to help with future people with the same problems. So please forgive me.

I found that when the LOGITECH WINGMAN PROFILER is on, the intellipoint software will fail. If the logitech is on, you must restart your PC, and the intellipoint software will work again. I guess i just gotta do that for now. until they have a fix or something.

Maybe this helps.......have the same problem on a friends machine. Never had intellipoint problems before, and maybe it's the order of the install. I've done a ton of XP installs, and always put Intellipoint in before my games, and therefore, before the Wingman software. On my friends machine, we did the wingman first, and, we've got the same problem you do. I first put in Intellipoint 4.0, saw the problem, then put in 5.2.........I somehow missed the fact that 5.x is for later mice, not the Intellimouse Explorer 3.0A, that we use. That's a problem too......going back from 5.x to an earlier version. I've been reading all over the web, that you gotta get it all outta there, if ya wanna go back.......some folks feel you can't get 5.x uninstalled properly to go back to an earlier version. Micro$oft has a neat little utility to clean up old installs, on this page :

Windows Install Cleanup Utility

Anyway, when I'm done working, I'm going to try to install Intellipoint again (4.12, is the latest, for "early" mice), but with the Wingman Profiler shut down, because I have both on MY Win XP SP2, and they work fine together. (Altough, I do not use the program-specific settings)

Hope this helps a little.........cuz I think you've helped me!

BOB

Back