Intel NIC keeps disconnecting

unrlmth

Limp Gawd
I recently upgraded to a Intel EXPI9301CTBLK (PCIe) and have been having trouble with the connection disconnecting. Mostly I have noticed it when I have a torrent running with a lot of connections, but it has happened at other times as well. If I have 3+ torrents running it will disconnect every fifteen minutes or so. If I unplug the cable and reconnect it everything works fine. Otherwise it seems to work perfectly fine and will transfer files from my file server at 95+ MB/s.

I running Windows 7 and have not installed any drivers other than the ones that the OS automatically installs.

Any ideas what might be causing it?

When using the onboard LAN everything works fine.

Install the latest drivers for the NIC from Intel. It will probably take care of your problems.

NEVER, EVER trust the drivers that come with Windows or ones from Windows update if there are drivers available from the manufacturer.

In addition to updating the drivers to the latest from Intel's site, make sure your router on the other end of the connection has updated firmware as well and try a different cable to rule out a cable issue.

Hmmm. Could it be the device on the other end?

Ive heard of consumer grade routers having trouble with things like torrents... cisco has some small business routers that are under or around $100 that might hold up better if you determine its the router.

Back