Intel Arc A580 Finally Coming to Market...? A310 Also Up for Sale

Also--WCCF's story mentions the card being 175W and taking 2 8-pin power connectors, which seems excessive.

Also--WCCF's story mentions the card being 175W and taking 2 8-pin power connectors, which seems excessive.
Well looking at the specs and the node the closest equivalent I can think of is the RX5700 which was a 180w card that often shipped with an 8 and a 6 pin. Why bother buying 6pin connectors when they cost the exact same as the 8, if you don’t electrically wire the extra 2 pins it just cuts down on the parts list for the card and technically saves a few pennies on the manufacturing.

I have to wonder if the GPU division is bringing anything to intel yet. I know they have to stay in the game to secure their own future, but are they doing a lot in the data centre yet?

Last edited:
I have to wonder if the GPU division is bringing anything to intel yet. I know they have to stay in the game to secure their own future, but are they doing a lot in the data centre yet?
I mean they have the Ponte Vecchio cards and I believe 2 supercomputers using them and from all available reports, they are performing within or above expectations so?
They renamed them for the enterprise market as the GPU Max Series.

Back