Intel A380 driver update boosts clocks

Who cares. Where the hell are the A40, A50, and A60? The A40 and A50 were announced a freaking year ago! Then they announced the A60 a couple months ago. Why do they even bother saying anything when all three are still vaporware?

Who cares. Where the hell are the A40, A50, and A60? The A40 and A50 were announced a freaking year ago! Then they announced the A60 a couple months ago. Why do they even bother saying anything when all three are still vaporware?
They are OEM only, HP and Lenovo.

The A380 is a legit choice at $100 new. It performs like a GTX 1650 and 6500 XT, while having 6GB of VRAM and able to do Ray-Tracing. Considering how many people are still using a GTX 1060 because they paid $150 for it, the A380 is a good ultra budget GPU, especially if you need AV1 encoding. The extra boost in performance might entice those looking for something in that price range, considering that AMD nor Nvidia have anything nearly as good for that much money.

They are OEM only, HP and Lenovo.
That's a myth that they are available to OEMs - not sure where it originated but i've seen it repeated on the internet several times. There isn't a single OEM offering any of the three to consumers (EDIT: or businesses) anywhere in the world at any time since either the Aug 2022 or June 2023 launches. Obviously that means Intel is not providing any to them. Even if somehow not a single OEM anywhere in the world has placed an order in a year, if Intel actually had the intent to launch and necessary stock to have a real release, they would have gone ahead and offered them through retail channels if OEMs weren't interested. So far these are clearly just vaporware.

The A380 is a legit choice at $100 new. It performs like a GTX 1650 and 6500 XT, while having 6GB of VRAM and able to do Ray-Tracing. Considering how many people are still using a GTX 1060 because they paid $150 for it, the A380 is a good ultra budget GPU, especially if you need AV1 encoding. The extra boost in performance might entice those looking for something in that price range, considering that AMD nor Nvidia have anything nearly as good for that much money.
Does the non-Pro cards support Dolby Vision? If all I needed was AV1 encoding, I would just get an A770.

Last edited:
I’ve had an Asus A380 in a plex server for a year, and while I really like, I ended up recently swapping it out with a nVidia card.

The Intel card had a bug where the QuickSync would no longer show as available to programs like Handbrake. You have to reboot the computer in order for QuickSync to show up again. I really wanted to like the card though. It’s small and the fan never came on even while doing video encoding.

Last edited:
I’ve had an Asus A380 in a plex server for a year, and while I really like, I ended up recently swapping it out with a nVidia card.

The Intel card had a bug where the QuickSync wound no longer show as available to programs like Handbrake. You have to reboot the computer in order for QuickSync to show up again. I really CD want yo like the card though. Small and the fan never came on even while doing video encoding.
This the problem with Intel cards. You will be dealing with their buggy software.

Back