Intel 14900K, 14700K, 14600K Reviews

Currently using 10700k, what would you guys pick as an upgrade? I only game.
I have a 13600K and it does great in games. I actually downgraded from a 13900K and seen very little difference gaming in 4K with a 4090 and now a 4080. Runs way cooler than the 13900K and less power consumption as well which was a no brainer.

I have a 13600K and it does great in games. I actually downgraded from a 13900K and seen very little difference gaming in 4K with a 4090 and now a 4080. Runs way cooler than the 13900K and less power consumption as well which was a no brainer.
Nice. Curious about a few things.
How were you able to swap them? Bought a new CPU and GPU and swapped them both out individually? Then sold them both individually?
Seems like a process and trouble to deal with the swapping and selling etc?
What was your motivation? The extra money you saved in the inexpensive parts after selling the more expensive ones?
Reason I ask these questions is because it's rare to see someone downgrade. 99% of the time people want to upgrade. I see your point though as there is diminishing returns in high end parts usually, not for the 4090 though lol.

Nice. Curious about a few things.
How were you able to swap them? Bought a new CPU and GPU and swapped them both out individually? Then sold them both individually?
Seems like a process and trouble to deal with the swapping and selling etc?
What was your motivation? The extra money you saved in the inexpensive parts after selling the more expensive ones?
Reason I ask these questions is because it's rare to see someone downgrade. 99% of the time people want to upgrade. I see your point though as there is diminishing returns in high end parts usually, not for the 4090 though lol.
My main thing was heat. I sold the GPU and CPU here. It isn't something I normally do, but I have zero regrets. I wanted to go back to air cooling as well as my long hardcore gaming days are behind me due to age and a back injury. Money was a non factor. The 4090 to the 4080 wasn't that big of a drop IMO. I still run the same games without changing any of the settings from Ultra as I had it with the 4090 and the 13900K on my LG C2. I'm not a FPS watcher, and I'm sure I lost some FPS with the change but not to the naked eye. All I noticed was lower power consumption and way less heat.

Shit haha. You’re making me regret getting a 13900K for my new build. I couldn’t pass on the price though. I will look into undevolting however

Shit haha. You’re making me regret getting a 13900K for my new build. I couldn’t pass on the price though. I will look into undevolting however
Don't regret, Do it! Got a 13900k from Microcenter for $499 with BF deal. I put in a SFF system in Lian Li H2O and cooled with 240mm AIO. I undervolted by negative offset and it's been great. Hovering in mid to low 50s in games. This is on Asus ROG B660-i motherboard

Don't regret, Do it! Got a 13900k from Microcenter for $499 with BF deal. I put in a SFF system in Lian Li H2O and cooled with 240mm AIO. I undervolted by negative offset and it's been great. Hovering in mid to low 50s in games. This is on Asus ROG B660-i motherboard
Nice!! I don’t know much about how to undervolt but that seems to be the move for these CPUs that get hot. I’m looking to get a B760-i. My friend said I should go for a Z but I don’t plan on overlocking and that’s the biggest difference between a B and Z that I found.

Nice!! I don’t know much about how to undervolt but that seems to be the move for these CPUs that get hot. I’m looking to get a B760-i. My friend said I should go for a Z but I don’t plan on overlocking and that’s the biggest difference between a B and Z that I found.
For me, I had the B board lying around and I needed to build an SFF so it was a no brainer for me. If you undervolt, I suspect the B board will be ok unless you need the features of Z.
You can refer to below thread on undervolting

https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comme.../?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

For me, I had the B board lying around and I needed to build an SFF so it was a no brainer for me. If you undervolt, I suspect the B board will be ok unless you need the features of Z.
You can refer to below thread on undervolting

https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comme.../?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
B660-i and b760-i both have a bios option to load an old bios code which allows undervolting, without losing performance. Without it, B boards lower performance with the undevolt.

I think the B660-i also has a quirk where you also have to activate the Asus performance enhancement at the same time.

Gigabyte also has that old micro code as an option on some of their B boards, as well.

Last edited:
Back