Intel 11th Gen Core "Tiger Lake" & Xe Graphics Launch Event: Live Blog

erek

[H]F Junkie
"Intel today launched its 11th Gen Core "Tiger Lake" mobile processors that introduce several new technologies on the backs of new IP. As described in the Architecture Day, "Tiger Lake" is built on the 10 nm SuperFin process, and combines new "Willow Cove" CPU cores with the first commercial debut of the Xe Gen12 graphics architecture that Intel is betting big on, to make a stab at the consumer graphics and scalar compute markets. Join us in this live-blog."

https://www.techpowerup.com/271685/intel-11th-gen-core-tiger-lake-xe-graphics-launch-event-live-blog

Funny how everyone knew about the Nvidia launch and was waiting eagerly for it, this one has already started and most people seem to be like "huh? Intel launching something new now?"

The XE stuff is interesting but I think its just not in the limelight because we all know its too juvenile to be a real contender right now.

Funny how everyone knew about the Nvidia launch and was waiting eagerly for it, this one has already started and most people seem to be like "huh? Intel launching something new now?"
Well, it's Intel. So it's only streamed on their little investor relations site, where you have to register for an one-off invitation.

Vs. Nvidia, who livestreamed it on Twitch, Youtube, and if the past is any indication, I'd venture Ustream (didn't IBM stupidly rename it recently?). Probably some regional channels, too.

Part of it is the limited access to the event, but it's also a tougher sell in an era when Intel is losing ground. I know as a Mac user this won't matter nearly as much as it would have a year ago. Intel has to build its reputation back up, if it can, and that could take a long time.

I'd venture Ustream (didn't IBM stupidly rename it recently?)

there have been so many ibm stupid renames that is bogels the mind to merely count them all!

ie - IBM System Client Experience ---- renamed to ..... wait for it ---- IBM Garage for Systems

thats right...Garage!!!

DDR 5, PCIE4, and some decent iGPU for that power envelope is actually pretty impressive. I await the benchmarks.

So you can get your 20fps w/o tearing on low @ 720p?
No, VRR doesn't go that low, it'll still tear, otherwise it'll drop your frame rates even lower waiting on v-sync to avoid tearing. In all seriousness though, the little iGPU's should be fine for 1080p in older and/or less demanding games. I'm surprised nobody has gone back to the old days of stuffing a little bit of faster ram near the iGPU as a cache and then fall back to system ram outside of the cache. Seems like even a relatively small cache could/would make a big difference.

No, VRR doesn't go that low, it'll still tear, otherwise it'll drop your frame rates even lower waiting on v-sync to avoid tearing. In all seriousness though, the little iGPU's should be fine for 1080p in older and/or less demanding games. I'm surprised nobody has gone back to the old days of stuffing a little bit of faster ram near the iGPU as a cache and then fall back to system ram outside of the cache. Seems like even a relatively small cache could/would make a big difference.
I always thought this depended on the monitor. LFC on good monitors I think should handle it :) But my post was tongue in cheek :)

Back