Installing WMP with group policy?

TheSmJ

2[H]4U
I've seen a few guides for this on Google, but they're all for Windows Server 2003/XP...

I'm running a Windows Server 2k8 R2 with Win7 x64 machines. I need to push out Win Media Player to all users using a GPO.

Does anyone know how to do this? I must admit I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to making GPOs so any help would be appreciated.

dism /online /enable-feature /FeatureName:namefromlistbelow

Feature Name : WindowsMediaPlayer

Therefore, a bat file or something that simply runs:
Code:
dism /online /enable-feature /FeatureName:WindowsMediaPlayer

I've seen a few guides for this on Google, but they're all for Windows Server 2003/XP...

I'm running a Windows Server 2k8 R2 with Win7 x64 machines. I need to push out Win Media Player to all users using a GPO.

Does anyone know how to do this? I must admit I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to making GPOs so any help would be appreciated.

You have a version of Win7 that doesn't include windows media player? European? I have us enterprise and I just looked at a fresh load this morning and it has wmp.

dism /online /enable-feature /FeatureName:namefromlistbelow

Feature Name : WindowsMediaPlayer

Therefore, a bat file or something that simply runs:
Code:
dism /online /enable-feature /FeatureName:WindowsMediaPlayer

That's actually what I ended up doing. :D Only I had to install the DVD Maker first as its a prerequisite for some reason.

You have a version of Win7 that doesn't include windows media player? European? I have us enterprise and I just looked at a fresh load this morning and it has wmp.

It comes with it, but it was removed when the image was made.

Back