Inspiron 9300 WUXGA Tru-Life screen pics

atlwriter

Gawd
Can anyone who bought a 9300 with the WUXGA Tru-Life screen post some pictures of your screen...especially while playing games or running some applications?

Tanx! :)

I don't have pics but HL2 looks incredible at 1280 X 1024 with ALL the eye candy on. This lappy is a must have. I have the the supposedly faulty LG screen and it is sharp. Any sparkle or shimmer is minimal and remember I had an I 9200 so I know shimmer and sparkle when I see it. This lappy is incredible and is worth it. There is a 750 off coupon you can get at notebook forums that is good through 3/22/05 or 3000 uses. I would get it soon. The coupon is

1JNJXG38DV2J0S

Use this and you will not regret it. I am getting 9312 in 3DMark03:cool: Coolbits autodetected my card at a very safe 351/712. This 6800togo is awesome....

TheCzar said:
what is this faulty LG screen thing you are talking about?

The notebook thread here is not that active.

Check out the dell threads on www.notebookforums.com

There are several LONG threads discussing the quality of the WUXGA truebright screens on the 9300. Some think they are OK some are having heartatacks over the quaility.

Might even be a few of the pictures you are looking for.

Think Operman hangs out there too.

Yeah, that thread at Notebookforums is full of good stuff. It seems there's roughly a 60% positive, 40% negative impression of the WUXGA screens on the 9300.

I wonder if the gloss/glare effect is comparable to the gloss on an LCD TV? I just bought a 40" LCD TV and the gloss is ony noticeable in direct light. Otherwise, the screen really pumps out vivid colors.

The so called "sparkle" effect is there. Not nearly as bad as on the inspiron 9200. That may be because of the high gloss coating. I honestly do not notice it. I have the same thing on my 9100. It has never bothered me. A dead pixel or backlight problems would piss me off WAY worse. My display has the tiniest backlight leak at the very bottom that I can definately live with.

My findings with the 9300 are similar to the ones from Donk3y.

Some sparkle, and some backlight leakage from the bottom. Most of this can be controlled by changing the brightness level, and a slight tilt adjustment in the monitor. It also helps if you are not right up on it, within 1-2 feet.. From 2-3 feet away both problems pretty much disappear.

Note, that I have not checked which manufacturer the panel is actually from. I also cannot compare it to any problems with the 9200.

Overall, I am very pleased with the machine. A major improvement over an Inspiron 8100.

I am writing on this lappie as we speak and it is great. BTW, I get 9350 in 3DMark03 qnd 4050 in 3dMark05 when I use coolbits to autodetect the vid card :cool: :cool: :cool:

Absolute must for a laptop. If you want 3+ hours of battery life, great gaming, AND a nice looking lappie with good build quality then this is your laptop.

I'm gonna try the XPS2 and see how it grabs me. Its 17" WUXGA is the same as that on the 9300 and I want the 6800 Go Ultra. If the gloss/glare gets on my nerves, I'll return it. The only other DTR laptop I'm considering is the Sager 7620. If neither laptop works for me, I'll just upgrade my SFF to its maximum and get something like the Acer 8104 for my mobile needs.

Thanks for the comments!

Back