Inspiron 9100

olaf2821

[H]ard|Gawd
Has anyone purchased a Dell i9100 yet? I am tired of waiting for a WUXGA version of the 8790 and need something similar. I had a few questions for you guys with one.

A. How is the battery life with both batteries installed?
B. How heavy is the thing really, with a couple batteries, AC adaptor etc.? I'm thinking like 7Kgs with everything in the bag.
C. Does it use a standard P4? It might not matter since Dell is good about locking out future products with BIOS updates, but nice to know.

I know it's big, but I need as fast of a machine as possible for work, and I need the high-res screen. The P4 crushes the PM for most of my design apps so it would be nice to have the extra power over the 8600, I am just trying to figure out if it is worth lugging over the 8600 the 2-3 times a week I would need to move it.

Thanks guys, any other things you guys think I should know, please fill me in.

the 9100 has the ati 9700 which is a superior graphics card compared to the ati 9600 in the dell 8600.

There was a problem with shipping these along with the XPS's but the problem is now susposibly fixed (bad parts from vendors it would appear). They are starting to ship these.

I used to have a Dell 8200 it wasn't overly bad to bring around but since then I prefer the lighter units. but YMMV

Originally posted by CyByte

I used to have a Dell 8200 it wasn't overly bad to bring around but since then I prefer the lighter units. but YMMV

That's what it is replacing.

Back