Inspiron 6000

atlwriter

Gawd
I just read an article at notebookreviews.com about Dell's replacement for the 8600, called the Inspiron 6000. It's a PCI-e X300 notebook and is supposed to be released next week. Anyone know about this notebook?

no, hadn't seen that before. Knew it was coming...but no specs.
if the i6000 has the x600 graphics I might have to get one...

now we see exactly why the $500 off dell notebook is going on though. get rid of some stock before the new ones pop in.

Here's the spec sheet and a small pic of the 6000...

60002mr.jpg

I have a slightly off topic question: What vidcard is better now that we are starting to see some new PCIx stuff come out: 256meg mobility 9700 or 128meg x300?

Just curious how this new generation of low end mobility stacks up against last gen and if its worth purchasing.

From what I understand, the PCI-e X600 is based on the 9700 architecture and there is virtually no difference in performance. Of course, the PCI-e cards are upgradeable. I'd bet the 256MB 9700 would outperform the 128MB X600. The real boost is supposed to come from the X800 card.

Thanks, I was thinking along the same lines but just wanted to make sure. :D

You're welcome!

I'm waiting to see what Asus offers in their new line of PCI-e notebooks. I just got an M3N and it's incredible. If Asus offers an Athlon 64 + PCI-e notebook, I'm gonna jump all over it!

Yes I have been keeping an eye over at rjtech. I like their uniwill barebones with 256 meg 9700, but the upgradeability of the PCIx notebooks might make me wait. Decisions Decisions lol. :D

Back