Innovatek hose size (confused)

3/8", if I remember right. Either make sure all the components are the same size, or don't get Innovatek something. I speak from experience because I have an Innovatek Dual Radiator, and I had to literally HAMMER some 3/8" ID tubing around that thing to get it to fit...because 1/4" ID tubing is too small, and there's no other tubing that falls in the middle because they don't manufacture it by 1/16ths of an inch, if that made any sense. So it's quite a bit smaller than 3/8", but the downside is you won't find any tubing other than 3/8" except Innovatek's stuff, but then Innovatek's stuff probably won't interconnect with all your other components, since Innovatek uses the metric system and most everybody else uses inches.

Also, I wouldn't convert the tubing, if I were you. What I did was got a 3/8" -> 1/2" ID converter, and ran 1/2" tubing on the rest of the system...yeah, it's a pretty big performance hit, so all in all it's worthless.

To reiterate, either get all Innovatek stuff, or no Innovatek stuff.

Originally posted by finalgt
3/8", if I remember right. Either make sure all the components are the same size, or don't get Innovatek something. I speak from experience because I have an Innovatek Dual Radiator, and I had to literally HAMMER some 3/8" ID tubing around that thing to get it to fit...because 1/4" ID tubing is too small, and there's no other tubing that falls in the middle because they don't manufacture it by 1/16ths of an inch, if that made any sense. So it's quite a bit smaller than 3/8", but the downside is you won't find any tubing other than 3/8" except Innovatek's stuff, but then Innovatek's stuff probably won't interconnect with all your other components, since Innovatek uses the metric system and most everybody else uses inches.

Also, I wouldn't convert the tubing, if I were you. What I did was got a 3/8" -> 1/2" ID converter, and ran 1/2" tubing on the rest of the system...yeah, it's a pretty big performance hit, so all in all it's worthless.

but i can use 3/8" tubing with no problems except a snug fit correct?

Extremely Snug fit. To the point where you'll have to use scissors to snip the ends of the tubing just to give it enough leeway to slip over the nipple, and then make your thumbs bleed just pushing the tubing over the thing itself. All I have to say is, make sure you put the screw on the tubing before you attempt all that, because it sure as hell sucks spending an hour connecting tubing only to realize you forgot the screw and you have to take it back off, put the screw on, and do it all over again.

True story. :/

Originally posted by finalgt

ok if innovatek is 1/4in ID how did you have problems putting 3/8in ID hose ove 1/4in OD fittings?

Back