Inject files into SVCD image

rhy7s

Limp Gawd
Just mucking around with the slideshows in NeroVisionExpress & Ulead DVD MovieFactory 2 and was wondering whether there is some particular process to add additional files to the SVCD image?

I notice that ISOBuster reveals a single session and two tracks in Nero's *.nrg but only one track in Ulead's *.ixa.

MovieFactory has a slight edge as it can at least add one user folder, but I want an autorun.inf in the root so it doesn't help me a great deal.

WinISO won't recognise the 2nd track in the *.nrg, but adding additional files to the *.nrg or *.ixa results in the same thing - a blank playback screen.

Adding the files as another track in Fireburner allows the SVCD to play as normal but the extra files are inaccessible.

Somewhere between these two results is the outcome I'm after, any hints or software suggestions would be welcome.

Edit: Not so quick and easy but http://www.vcdimager.org/guides/ looks like it could be the solution.

easy as pie...

take the .dat file off the disc and rename it to .mpg

Now, you can add additional video's to your svcd and have it accessible using a menu with nero or simply have it read off as additional tracks. Just add the mpg files as you normally would with a vcd or svcd.

OK, I'll have a gander but I'm not trying to add additional *.mpg files. I want to retain the SVCD structure as created by Nero/Ulead and add uncompressed image directories, programs, readme, autorun, etc. Just creating those handful of files in the root is the difficulty. I'll just create a new project in VCDEasy for the moment as VCDxbuild and ilkVCDxbuild aren't happy with Ulead's layout.

Edit: spelling

Back