Infernal Demo...Has anyone heard about this game?

Saw it on fileshack..I've not heard of it or seen anything of it though. It's a 3rd person game, which I generally loathe. I've never played a 3rd person game that didn't have crap camera angles and/or controls.

As far as I'm concerned, the only valid camera angle is the first person.

Saw it on fileshack..I've not heard of it or seen anything of it though. It's a 3rd person game, which I generally loathe. I've never played a 3rd person game that didn't have crap camera angles and/or controls.

Does that include console games like Gears of War and Resident Evil 4? I'm not saying you're wrong, but just curious if consoles count.

Anywhere to get this without waiting in a que? Looks interesting.

Does that include console games like Gears of War and Resident Evil 4? I'm not saying you're wrong, but just curious if consoles count.

I havent played GoW or RE4. I don't play on consoles. Not because I think they aren't real gaming machines or anything; I just don't like gamepads. I was thinking of buying an X360 to play games like Gears of War, but when I found out it was a 3rd person, that killed it for me.

I havent played GoW or RE4. I don't play on consoles. Not because I think they aren't real gaming machines or anything; I just don't like gamepads. I was thinking of buying an X360 to play games like Gears of War, but when I found out it was a 3rd person, that killed it for me.

Gears is awesome... yet, I think it is 100% doable from a first person perspective ala r6: Vegas

I installed it and have been playing for literally 1 minute. It looks VERY GOOD, and the game is DEFINITELY worth a try if you are checking it out.

Edit: Runs good on my computer @ 1280x1024 w/ AA @ 2 dots(game setting). It has good graphics and uses that visual blur effect which looks cool at times. Good third-person shooter, semi-arcadish (boxes literally blow up from 1 handgun shot). You loot dead enemies by using this wierd fire looking power which also acts as a natural fire weapon.

***** Kind of challenging, menu is nice and smooth, basic controls, not a bad loading time, decent music., def worth a try if you enjoy 3rd person shooters.

This is based off of 10 minutes of play.

Pent D 805
1GB DDR400
6600GT
XP Pro

Do i need a phys card to run this?

No, but you DO need to install the Aegia physics program or else the game won't run if you try to play.

You can find the install for it in the Aegia folder inside the rar file.

GRAW switched from 3rd to 1st person for its X360 -> PC port. And it improved the game dramatically.

Hells yeah! I liked the PC version better. I was displeased with how Ubi opted for not having the same camera view in Vegas as Graw. I know, I know different engines and all, but it's a nice touch to see your body when you look down :(

this is a pretty sweet game, i don't have a physX card installed, but plays great on my system also at 1280x1024 with all high settings!

I d/l'ed it from www.megagames.com

I'm at the boss, gonna have to figure out how to kill that sucka

Edit, and the only thing i've found wrong so far is it doesn't like to be on top of my litestep taskbar, weird, haven't had any other game with that problem (ie: NFS:MW, CoD2, HL2:E1, Prey, Carmageddon 2)

i had the day off today and saw the demo on fileshack this morning, and i really like it plays great on my system 1280x1024 very high settings, and it looks really good to imo.

i think i will be picking it up.

Lame voice acting, lame fighting, extemely lame "hold use for 3 seconds to pick up enemy's stuff" feature.

it's ok. visuals are pretty good. it isn't buggy. the story is ok but yeah it's nothing special..

worth a look for sure.

Mac[X-D];1030571667 said:
don't hold back tell us how u really feel

The gun's don't feel very fulfilling, shuriken throwing has a single animation, enemies sense you w/ "telepathy", your "infernal" weapon works like a gun, level design's boring...did I mention the voice acting? FWIW, the framerate's through the roof and yeah, def felt like someone actually polished this!

Just played up to the Monk Boss.Game runs extremely well maxed out @1920x1080..Nice graphics and fun gameplay..If priced right Ill definetely be picking this one up..

I'm with you here. I prefer a First Person view, because it's more immersive. It's as if I'm doing all the action. 3rd Person also doesn't do it for me. I guess that was one of the main reasons why I never played a Tomb Raider game :)

But I have to say, that I like the option of switching views. What's done in the Elder Scrolls games, especially Morrowind and Oblivion, is a good example IMHO. I prefer the first person view, but I can switch to another. I just don't like those games that limit me to 3rd person.

Can this be played on Vista, does anyone know?
F*ck yeah it can! I'm playing this on Vista running it at 1920x1200 all settings on high and 8XAA. Uhm, the coders for this game engine can show those Ubisoft jerks a thing or two about optimization. This game looks great and runs extremely smooth. I think a few textures could be improved and some models can use a few more polygons but it looks great and there is motion blur that doesn't bring your computer to a grinding halt. Overall I liked the game. I think they could work on enemy awareness. I mean, I've got gaurds shooting at me before I enter a room and they could not have seen me. It's a demo so anything can happen with the final version. I have to play it again and try to finish it but I don't think the special effects light up the area the way that they should. A firery blast being sent down a narrow corridor should illuminate the surroundings bit. Maybe it was a bit subtle and I didn't look close enough. I think you can do MUCH worse than this game. I would buy it.

Looks interesting Downloading atm, and will post back with some pictures, and impressions. Looks pretty cool. This game kinda reminds of Max Payne 1 and 2. I loved those games. Looked good and the engine was great. Very efficient.

This game is pretty fun. I tried it and was impressed with what I got, actually. As before mentioned, there are some things that could be worked on (and I'm sure will be), such as enemy AI and such, but overall a fun demo.

F*ck yeah it can! I'm playing this on Vista running it at 1920x1200 all settings on high and 8XAA. Uhm, the coders for this game engine can show those Ubisoft jerks a thing or two about optimization. This game looks great and runs extremely smooth. I think a few textures could be improved and some models can use a few more polygons but it looks great and there is motion blur that doesn't bring your computer to a grinding halt. Overall I liked the game. I think they could work on enemy awareness. I mean, I've got gaurds shooting at me before I enter a room and they could not have seen me. It's a demo so anything can happen with the final version. I have to play it again and try to finish it but I don't think the special effects light up the area the way that they should. A firery blast being sent down a narrow corridor should illuminate the surroundings bit. Maybe it was a bit subtle and I didn't look close enough. I think you can do MUCH worse than this game. I would buy it.

Agreed!!..This game is coded beautifully and shows how a well optimized game should run..It does heat up my 8800GTX as only RTHDRIBL and T RL do..Lots of promise with this one..

The graphics are good and the engine is slick, but the gameplay is insubstantial. It wore thin very quickly for me.

How the HELL in the world you use the teleportation? to pass though that 3 lasers...?

you tele through the first laser to the computer and activate it to disable the laser sensors.

I was trying to do that for 30 min and it would not work...but finally got it done

Run very good with max settings at 1920x1200 but i didn't like the game play, graphics...but it was nice change from bf2 because since the day bf2 came out i have been only playing that game...ever since then not single normal game has come out

And currently replaying FarCry, HL2, and Splinter cell chaos theory...

Just played this demo. Great engine, runs damn smooth- I'm impressed. Voice acting is sub-par, controls/combat need some tweaks, but overall I had fun with it.

Here's some screens:

172game%202007-02-25%2016-12-38-10.jpg

173game%202007-02-25%2016-12-46-14.jpg

174game%202007-02-25%2016-13-05-75.jpg

175game%202007-02-25%2016-14-43-29.jpg

176game%202007-02-25%2016-26-13-00.jpg

177game%202007-02-25%2016-27-37-93.jpg

178game%202007-02-25%2016-29-28-42.jpg

It looks great even on my laptop's ATI X700 card so I have to believe it'll be amazing on my desktop's dual 8800GTS. I love supernatural storylines, so Infernal is right up my alley. I'll buy it when it's released.

First game Ive have been excited about in a long time. Voice acting is terrible but the game is a blast there is something inherently satisfying about sucking the life out of the corpses. The bosses take a little thinking to get past too. Its just not run and gun.

Anybody know when this one is coming out.

I was hoping it would have a more modern setting. In terms of atmosphere, I anticipated something more like Time Crisis II (I know, different genres), rather than warlocks and monks.

I can see how the soul stealing gimmick would get tiresome after awhile.

I was hoping it would have a more modern setting. In terms of atmosphere, I anticipated something more like Time Crisis II (I know, different genres), rather than warlocks and monks.

I can see how the soul stealing gimmick would get tiresome after awhile.

The monks are only one part of the game it seems, it does have quite a futuristic setting overall.

Back