In market for new 27" 2560X1440 max res monitor in next 60 days...

RareAir23

Limp Gawd
Hi all. So, in the next little while I'll be upgrading monitors. I'm looking at something that can provide 2560X1440 resolution. My GTX 680 should still be capable enough for BF3, GW2, PS2 and Borderlands 2 at that resolution. The 2 I am looking at are the Dell U2711 (or U2713HM) and the ASUS PB278Q as both (or all 3 if you count the 2 Dells individually) are within the price range I want to spend ($600-$650). While I heard the Dell U2711 is lousy for gaming I might drop that one from contention. Anyway, of the 3 monitors I am looking, which would you recommend? Thanks in advance for your advice. Out!

I'm in exactly the same position as you. Been researching and come to the conclusion that they all have their drawbacks but the vp2770-led seems about the best bet. Don't get a u2713hm as the quality control on them is just rotten. I tried 2 of them and both had dead pixels and awful backlight bleed.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1758515

Have you looked into one of the QX2710? Several of us have gotten them over the last few weeks and they are PHENOMENAL! Mine was $334 perfect pixel shipped to my door. BF3 looks spectacular on this screen, and running 120hz as well.

The Asus is nice if you can get one without issues. I bought one and it had multiple stuck pixels as well as very noticeable backlight bleeding. I exchanged it and the replacement had similar backlight issues, so I gave up on that model.

I ended up going with a more expensive Samsung (though it can be found for $799 at Microcenter) and even it gave me backlight problems. Finally I got a good monitor after doing an RMA with Samsung.

Buying a monitor can be a real pain.

The new LG 27EA83R is under $650 at a couple places, I imagine it will be in your price range most places within a month or so.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1758515

Have you looked into one of the QX2710? Several of us have gotten them over the last few weeks and they are PHENOMENAL! Mine was $334 perfect pixel shipped to my door. BF3 looks spectacular on this screen, and running 120hz as well.

Been really wanting a 30 inch for my next upgrade but for a price like that I may take one more step before the next jump up.

Dell had a great IPS monitor on sale the other day for 550+ I forgot the model number but it's a popular one I believe it was the 2713HM that you listed. Saw it on slickdeals

Back