in all my time using my MX700

RedTalon19

Supreme [H]ardness
well i just went to shut my computer down and got a warning message about the mouse batteries being low, telling me to change them. just a standard windows pop up box. i've never seen that before. you'd think the flashing red light would be enough right?

I didn't know windows even had a warning like that.

Maybe they added it to xp, with all the wireless mice around.

You must have let your batteries get really low :p . I've used it far into the red blinking light and never seen that message.

Mine does that all the time. I believe its an option that you ca turn off or on. I use it casue sometimes I will not notice the little red flashing light. Anyhoo, its nothing to really worry about.

i think it's part of the logitech software that you put on

my mouse does it all the time :) it really has to get low for that, heh

It's a windows feature. It will do it with every wireless mouse. I've had it happen with about 5 different mice.

Got this error message too while using my MX700, and had it (more frequently) with my wireless Optical Mouseman too.

hahaha sorry, but RTFM (read the f****** manual) :p

I appologise, I just got mine, so maybe im a little hyper

yeah the red light was blinking for a good half hour before i got that message. its just weird that i've had this mouse for over a year and i've let the batteries completly die on several occasions to help extend battery life...... but i have NEVER until yesterday seen that message. i was just like... whoa.

I've always gotten the pop-up warning. I was fortunate to have gotten my duo the same time I started beta testing Star Wars Galaxies. Logitech recommends charging and completely draining the battery a few times before normal use. Well, I pulled some all-nighters and took care of the charge and drain, no sweat.

But of course, a dead mouse isn't reason enough to stop playin'. I just busted out my old wireless USB mouse with non-rechargeable batteries while my MX mouse charged.

I've only gotten the message once or twice. If I sleep in my room, my mouse always charges when I go to bed. But sometimes I'll go a few days without bein' in my room or just not paying attention to my computer, and so the mouse sits on the mouse pad and doesn't charge.

I have a bunch of NiMH AA batteries and a four-battery charger, so I'm never in a bind with the mouse dyin'.

Back