Im so screwed

fatryan

[H]ard|Gawd
Im a computer science student at my local community college. ive decided i dont want to do computer science, but since im 1 class away from the degree, im gonna finish. so i registered for the 1 class i need this semester (Computer Science 2). And i come to find out that they are no longer teaching C++, they are using Java now. SO i have to go back and take Computer Science 1 again! Im in it now, and im already having trouble understanding it. I dont think i will be able to do this. I can probably pas CS1, but when i get to CS2 im screwed. What can i do?

If you know c++ then java really shouldn't be all that difficult to pick up. Once you know how to program in one language, it is quite easy to learn other languages, especially when they are so similar. You certainly shouldn't need a whole semester to learn it(at least to learn what you will need for the class). Java was designed to be very easy for c and c++ programmers to learn. You might want to get a good Java reference book so that you can look things up when you don't understand them. But if you don't want to do CS and you don't think you can pass the class, then what is the point? And please tell me that the CS degree there consists of more than just two classes. :D

If you're reasonably proficient with C++ you should be able to do Java no problem. It's like C++ except harder to hurt yourself with.

the problem is that i took C++ like 2 years ago. i dont remember anything

the CS degree is way more than 2 classes. i just need 2 classes till im done. and i dont want to waste all these credit when im so close to being done

If you're that convinced you're too stupid to learn Java, we can't help you. The best thing I think you can do now is to just learn Java and be done with it. It's not complicated, and if you thought you could handle C++ you can handle Java.

Darth Bagel said:
If you're that convinced you're too stupid to learn Java, we can't help you. The best thing I think you can do now is to just learn Java and be done with it. It's not complicated, and if you thought you could handle C++ you can handle Java.

exactly, either learn it and finish the degree, or don't get the degree. there's really nothing else to it. plenty of resources online, and anyone can learn java (well...most).

Back