I'm reaching the end of my patience with BF2...

WhyYouLoveMe

Supreme [H]ardness
*sigh* It pains me to write this but I must.

The new 1.22 "patch" has "enhanced" old bugs to a point where I had to quit playing last night. (not 4ever, though) I experienced the red/blue name tag bug like never before. I was playing Iron Gator and I saw a chopper with two guys in it showing up as blue but obviously enemy. I saw two soldiers on seperate occasions (same round) that were blue but killed me. I was killed by one of the "blue" soldiers three stinkin' times in that round. I played another round on Surge and wouldn't you know it I saw a soldier with the bug.

This is frustrating to no end and has gotten worse with the 1.22 patch. I've listed this in the EA official forum and the patch feedback thread. I really don't understand why EA just can't seem to get a handle on this game's issues. I'm waiting with baited breath for the 1.3 patch in hopes of it "saving" the game for me. If not... Oblivion will get a LOT more attention from me. lol

I pray to the coding gods that they fix this awesome, fun game.

Umm... you know the drill. Flame me and rant.

PS: I am beginning to understand the frustration so many other players have. It's just taken this long for all the issues to "pile up" on me.

Wow...I never thought a complaint about this game would come from you ;) I played a bit this morning...I didn't encounter the color bug. Oh well, back to The Godfather.

The nametag bug has been around since the release, and it's one the ones that turned me off from the game. Multiple patches later, almost a year since it's release, and it remains unfixed. How is that even possible? It's been one of the 'known' worst bugs for ever.

I still play the game occasionally, own SF (but not EF), and am waiting for PoE2, but I don't think it will ever win me over at this point. Just a bad taste in my mouth about it.

You'd think it would be an easy fix. If person in crosshairs = baddie then show name in red, else show name in blue. Yes, not proper coding structure, but that's how easy it should be.

Yeah I have that Red/Blue Tag bug also, I killed like 4 guys and I got kicked from the server with the Killing Teammates to much and I was WTF I didnt kill my team mates, but then I realized it was a bug.

I am getting mad also, I think EA should fire they guys that coded the engine they really did a shitty job and the beta testers :D.

The game is awesome to play but the bugs p*ss me off big time.

Hopefully 1.3patch will fix EVERY bug in the game if not I might just not play it anymore until they do.

EA please fix the bugs to make this game run smooth and bug free instead of thinking making a new Battlefield Game/mod.

Resisitence is futile WhyYouLoveMe.... :D

At least until some time after Oblivion. I get my quick shooter fixes sometimes over in DoD:Source sometimes since I've been playing Oblivion too.

I think I really need me some Special forces this weekend. I guess since I thought Euro sucked I got out a bit. SF is my fav. Play that.

Is someone in denial just to find more time to play Oblivion?

Seriously, I only ecnountered that nasty bug once last night... the guy with a MEC uniform (I was USMC) was shooting at me with a blue tag name above his head, I just laughed and said to myself "Oh the tag name bug is back" and kept on playing... I guess I already got used to it and when I see that bug I just take a step back and run in different direction.

bazylik said:
Is someone in denial just to find more time to play Oblivion?

Seriously, I only ecnountered that nasty bug once last night... the guy with a MEC uniform (I was USMC) was shooting at me with a blue tag name above his head, I just laughed and said to myself "Oh the tag name bug is back" and kept on playing... I guess I already got used to it and when I see that bug I just take a step back and run in different direction.

I've encountered the name tag before, too, but this time it was so bad because of how many players it was affecting. There was a total of 4 different players that had the bug and on a 20 man game that ain't good. LOL

Anyway... I played some more last night and I didn't encounter the name bug. I DID have more server-side lag, tho. :( The P90 is barely useful but I'm still not going to use it on a regular basis. It's just too weak even WITH the RoF increase.

Gasp! WhyYouLoveMe falling out of love with BF2?
The name tag bug sucks. Actually, I haven't noticed it since the patch. Probably because I only play for one or two hours at a time, and not every night. I've pretty much got used to looking at the uniform before I shoot. It does suck when the same person keeps TKing me because they only seem to see the tag color and don't realize how I keep spawning so close to their flag. When this happens, I usually just change server.

I agree I really like BF2 but the fact that EA STILL hasn't fixed a bug thats been around since day 1 is just a bit annoying. I am really how hard could this bug be to fix and patch? :confused:

The only tag bug I ever saw was a red [409 m] tag..... It always said 409 meters..... and was in the same spot in the map..... Thats it for me. I got lucky I guess.

ATIIsBetter said:
The only tag bug I ever saw was a red [409 m] tag..... It always said 409 meters..... and was in the same spot in the map..... Thats it for me. I got lucky I guess.

thats the 'dead person' spawn point. To see how this works, become a squad leader and set a point to 'attack' have someone kill you. Look at the map, you will see your 'dead' body in the center pointing to your 'attack' position. If you go to where that 'dead' position is in the map, the [300m] sign will get closer.

I haven't completely fallen out of love with BF2 but let's just say the honeymoon's over. LOL I still play da heck out of the game but it's become more frustrating as time has worn on. It shouldn't be this difficult to just play a game and enjoy it. Am I right? :D

I have NEVER got the red/blue tag bug, ever. And I've played the game for countless hours.

I did however run into a wierd bug, which was like a HACK. I had an enemy on the other team show up IN MY SQUAD. I could see his name in green just like a teammate... it was great. I must of shanked him 2 times at least and killed him 5 times in a row one time. I'm sure he hated me.

If you think about it, I don't see how you couldn't make a hack for the game if that could happen. I know there is hacks because I've seen downloads for them, but I don't think they were as good as that.

Yes, I know its bad. The red tag bug is an odd animal. No ones really sure why it occurs.
I code for rising conflicts and I've seen many more nightmares within the code. You think what you see is scary. :p (BTW coding in BF2, logical, and simple never belong in the same sentence unless many NOTs are included)

Luxor said:
I have NEVER got the red/blue tag bug, ever. And I've played the game for countless hours.

I did however run into a wierd bug, which was like a HACK. I had an enemy on the other team show up IN MY SQUAD. I could see his name in green just like a teammate... it was great. I must of shanked him 2 times at least and killed him 5 times in a row one time. I'm sure he hated me.

If you think about it, I don't see how you couldn't make a hack for the game if that could happen. I know there is hacks because I've seen downloads for them, but I don't think they were as good as that.

Uhhh, dude. You just described the red/blue bug perfectly. LOL In your case you might have called it the red/green bug. That's the bug! ;)

GlimmerMan said:
Gasp! WhyYouLoveMe falling out of love with BF2?
The name tag bug sucks. Actually, I haven't noticed it since the patch. Probably because I only play for one or two hours at a time, and not every night. I've pretty much got used to looking at the uniform before I shoot. It does suck when the same person keeps TKing me because they only seem to see the tag color and don't realize how I keep spawning so close to their flag. When this happens, I usually just change server.
LOL the other I was playing I saw a guy shooting at me with a blue tag above his head and I didn't know if it's a bug or just a teamkiller prick and I tried to look at myself to see what uniform I was wearing, then I remembered that I can't lol

TheOmniscientCreator said:
Oh well, back to The Godfather.

Mafia > Godfather.

Now on to your usually scheduled rant thread already in progress.

PS: You now know why I left the game. (BF2)

Man, EA is fucking retarded. Totally fucked up the game... seriously. WHY DO GAME MAKERS INSIST ON TOTALLY CHANGING PERFECTLY FINE GAMES?! MOOOOORRRROOONNNS!

Is it because the newbie 14 year olds do nothing but whine and bitch about something they don't like, even though it's perfectly fine?

They make a lot of money yes, but they need to hire some smart people to replace these fuckups that make these dumbass decisions about changing the game.

DragonNOA1 said:
Mafia > Godfather.

Now on to your usually scheduled rant thread already in progress.

PS: You now know why I left the game. (BF2)
Yea yea...I liked the movie, and the game uses the liscense decently. It isn't that bad, really.

Luxor said:

ROFL!

Not the sharpest tool in the shed...

Ok, it's similar but it's not the same you dipshit. Since he was in my squad, I could always see where he was at, no matter how far away he was. Making it VERY easy for me to nonstop kill him.

Who is the dumb one now?

Luxor said:
Ok, it's similar but it's not the same you dipshit. Since he was in my squad, I could always see where he was at, no matter how far away he was. Making it VERY easy for me to nonstop kill him.

Who is the dumb one now?

Still doesn't change the fact that what you're describing IS the bug. Whether or not he's in your squad is quite irrelevant. They can be in your squad, they can be in another squad or they can be in no squad. It's buggy. :D

it seems to be only certain servers, this bug happens to me, and quite annoying when your doing good and get kicked.

anyone started a thread of servers we all should try to meet up on and play. with some sort of schedule or something similiar.

I THINK THIS ALSO NEEDS TO BE SAID< WE NEED MORE MAPS EA, damnit already WAKE IS GOOD N ALL but damnit WE NEED MORE MAPS, thats what keeps some games alive like Css, and DOD:s etc...EA is driving me insane, i may have to seek help and bill EA.

Luxor said:
Man, EA is fucking retarded. Totally fucked up the game... seriously. WHY DO GAME MAKERS INSIST ON TOTALLY CHANGING PERFECTLY FINE GAMES?! MOOOOORRRROOONNNS!

Is it because the newbie 14 year olds do nothing but whine and bitch about something they don't like, even though it's perfectly fine?

They make a lot of money yes, but they need to hire some smart people to replace these fuckups that make these dumbass decisions about changing the game.
We have a winner! :p

By the way, wake blows. Uber china-sided.

If you have a good team with no noobs (rare, but happens sometimes). You get a good commander, 1 good pilot, 2 guys in the heli, 2 tanks and a few cars on each beach end and infantry at each base. There's no way in hell US can capture a flag.

If you time it right, you can artillery the carrier every time the cobra spawns, and just have the pilot take out anyone that takes off in the jet and it's done. Boats don't stand a chance no matter where you spawn because the pilot can take them out in one pass too as they wait for the jets to spawn on the carrier. And the carrier AA just sucks huge hairy man sack.

But usually, not everyone on China is good and once you get a flag it becomes more even.

Back