Im getting BSOD all the time, please help

maximo

n00b
Im getting BSOD everyday now and I dont know why. I'm getting them just cruising online, never mind gaming. I've done a few things since this has started happening like update to sp2, update vid drivers, update Mozilla, thats about what I can remember right now but nothing else major I know that. The wierd thing is that I did all those updates like a month ago and everything was fine until about a week ago i started getting the BSOD everyday, fact I got one just before I started this thread. I dont know what to do but its really begining to be a problem could you guys help me out?

Exactly what does it say, and is it the same message every time?

I'm not sure I forgot to check if it said the same thing everytime. I guess I'm going to have to wait until I get a few more than hu?

I got it

Stop : 0X0000008E (0X0000005, 0XBF1EF479, 0XF1A59A68,0X00000000

***NV_disp.dll
***BFIEF479 base at BF012000 , 3E7A99D9

If thats what your talking about and if it helps, thanks

that sounds like a display driver issue
1) Are you up to date with current vid drivers
2) Are you overclocking your vid card

I'm using 43.45 det. drivers which I was told were the best for my vid card. I tried newer drivers but they didnt work as good. No, I'm not currently ocing.

did you change cards recently? could it be driver conflicts with old drivers?

Try reverting to older drivers. The problem is definately to do with the vid card, the message said so (NV_disp.dll).

What video card are you using? Either way, I would suggest using this: Driver Cleaner , and then do a fresh driver install. Leftovers from the previous driver are probably the culprit.

I would have to agree you should use driver cleaner then instal the newest non beta drivers from Nvidia unless it says (in the release notes) that there are issues with your card.
You should also make sure you are up to date with evey other program installed.

Back