I'll go for 2.1 setup ... can you just give a couple of advices?

Postmodum

Limp Gawd
Ok, i was going for 5.1, but after checking my computer room again, i understood that it's too small to get a decent 5.1 (or more) sound stage effect... So i'll keep the 2.1. Now, i have an amp, and 2 pairs of floorstand speakers ( Mordaunt-Short & Pioneer ). I was thinking if, it was a better solution to get a new amp ( my amp is old..... ) and a subwoofer and get it working with the Mordaunt-Short ( they don't have enough bass so it would be a good system ) ... or just get the sub ( the amp it's a Pioneer A504R i think ) ... or leave the hifi system alone, don't spend 800 or $900 on an amp and speakers, and just buy some nice 2.1 multimedia system.

I'm kind of turned into the idea of getting the sub and the amp ... i really don't know if i get the sub first or the amp though ...

Other think is that i can't get a perfect spot to put my floorstand speakers ... any ideas?

I have other option

Cambridge Soundworks Megaworks 215 ...

what do you think of this?

http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/images/gold/full/k1pkm22e.jpg

"Hot links" to images hosted on commercial servers are not allowed.
If you want to post an image you have to host it yourself.
~X

I would work with what you have. Get a new amp (or a receiver) and mate it with a solid but cost-effective subwoofer. These should beat the sound coming from a multimedia set ANY DAY of the week, including sunday. :)

hmmm, can you advice me a nice quality/price receiver and a good subwoofer?

Receiver would be more flexible (especially at that price). Think about getting something from Harman Kardon (I have the HK AVR-330). On ebay, the prices range from $250-$700 depending on the model. Mine was around $350 on ebay (I haggled for free shipping) and is $600 at circuitcity.

For a sub, I would definitely go the SVS route. Some subs to look at:

PB-10 (400$)
20-39PCi ($600)
or mine, the 25-31PC+ ($800).

I would go atleast the PB10 - perhaps the best in its class.

:)

Well, i'm from Portugal, and unfortunetly i don't have access to such subs :(
About the Ebay, well, i want to buy new stuff ... like i've said, i'm from Portugal and Ebay isn't present here ... only in UK ...

<----- See that location thing?

ASSuming you provide the correct information you will never need to tell us were you live again. ;)

well ... i wil ASSume that ;) thank you for the ASSumption thing ;)

and sorry for the image issue ...

well ... i wil ASSume that thank you for the ASSumption thing
ROFLMAO

and sorry for the image issue ...
No biggie.
Before today it had never been specifically mentioned in the forum rules so it was easy for a new user to not know about the whole issue.

Well, i've been searching and found that the amps i can get in Portugal for "good price" are

- Sony
- Nad
- Rotel
- Harman Kardon
- Marantz

For the subs

- Sony
- KEF
- Infinity
- JBL
- Yamaha
- B&W
- Mission
- AE
- and some other stuff

So ... i'm thinkin on going with Harman Kardon or Nad for now ... for the sub, i really don't know...

Just one more thing, do you know where can i get info about old mordaunt short products? i don't know what heck of speakers i have because there's only a serial number and some caution signs ... i only know it has 1 tweeter and 2 mids ... it weights a ton ... and are all black :D

Find a european audio forum. I imagine that Europe has some kind of internet direct speaker manufacturer. I want you to get the best for your money.

Back