ilikecake's basement cleanout thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikecake

Gawd
Well, it is time for me to try to get rid of some more stuff I have lying around. More stuff will be added as I find and photograph it.

------------------
Terms:

Any expensive items will be shipped insured. The prices listed include shipping unless otherwise noted. If you have a particular shipping method you prefer, let me know and I will use that. I will ship to USA and Canada, but prices that include shipping are shipping to the continental USA only. If you are somewhere else, please PM me for the total price. Local pickup is available if you live near Madison, WI. If you want multiple items, the shipping can be combined, and it may be a bit cheaper.

Items can be returned if they are DOA. Please let me know right away if there is a problem, and I will refund your money after I have received the item back.

I accept payment through PayPal. If you really can’t use PayPal, you can PM me to ask for an alternative, but please no money orders from your friend in Nigeria.:cool: If doing local pickup, payment must be in cash. Prices are negotiable, and if you think something is overpriced, let me know.

Since I have low heat, I may be willing to ship first for some items if you have high heat. Please PM me to ask.

Items listed as pending have people interested in them, but are not paid for yet.

------------------

eBay :: heatware

------------------
The goods :

PS3 Bluray remote

This is an RF remote that works with the PS3. The PS3 died, but this still works.

Price: $15 shipped

------------------
Logitech Harmony adapter for PS3

Allows you to use the Logitech Harmony remote (that is IR only) with the PS3 (which does not have IR, only RF). Comes with the power adapter. Works fine.

Price: $20 shipped

------------------
Bare Bones File Server

I would like to sell this as a combo, but if there is no interest, I may part it out. I got this setup to use as a file server. See my old thread about it here (with a bunch of build pictures). I have moved on to something bigger, so this setup is up for sale. It was working just fine when I stopped using it, and I turned it on recently to clear off the internal drive without problems. The combo consists of:

I am in the process of getting this ready to sell. If you are interested, please let me know, but it may take me a few days to get it ready to ship.

A few notes:
  • The NIC on this motherboard is made by Intel. (Good if you are using Linux)
  • The DC power brick IS included.
  • One of the fans is making weird noises, and will probably need to be replaced.
  • I will include as many of the required screws as I can find. Including all of the ones needed for the hot swap bays. If there is something specific you are looking for, let me know.

Price: $100 shipped

------------------
Playstation Games
My PS3 died, and I decided that since I don't play it much, I might as well sell the games. The games are listed below. Some games are still in the shrink wrap, and some are from a friend and I have not tested them. I inspected the disks of the untested games, but I have not tried playing the game/

PS1 Games:
  • Chrono Cross
  • Reel Fishing (untested)

PS2 Games:
  • God of War (unopened)
  • God of War 2 (unopened)
  • Jak and Daxter
  • Jak 2 (unopened)
  • Jak 3 (unopened)
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • Xenosaga 1
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (untested)
  • Dangerous Hunts 2 (untested)

PS3 Games:
  • Metal Gear Solid 4
  • Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection
  • Demon's Souls
  • Uncharted 2

Price: $10 shipped (each) I can probably discount multiple games, PM me to ask if you are interested.

------------------
Crysis 3 Game Code

I got this from buying an AMD video card. I have used the Bioshock code (good game, BTW), but I am not that interested in Crysis 3 (at least, not enough to install Origin). I will email you the Origin install code.

Price: $10

------------------
Western Digital PATA hard drives
  • 80GB - WD800JB
  • 160GB - WD1600JB
These drives have been wiped and passed a full surface scan.

Price: $20 shipped (each)

------------------
D-Link DGL-4300 Router

This router served me well for a while. I have now upgraded to a pfsense firewall and a seperate wireless access point, so this guy has become redundant. It still was working find when I stopped using it. It has four wired gigabit ports and wireless. NOTE: The router does NOT come with the AC adapter. The DC port is labeled 5V @ 2.5A, so this adapter should be a suitable replacement. (please verify this)

Price: $25 shipped

------------------
JC-101-B Mini-ITX Case

This is a case for mini-ITX motherboards. It has room for several 2.5" hard drives or a single 3.5" hard drive. It also has room for a laptop sized CD/DVD drive, and two 50mm fans (included) on the side of the case. The case comes with an internal 100W DC-DC board. You will need a 12V @ ~6.6A power brick to power this (let me know if you need help finding something that will work.) I have modded the case a bit. Namely, to put the 'big' 80mm fan in the cover. The fan is located roughly above the CPU on the motherboard I was using with it. I did this so that I could ditch the annoyingly loud 40mm fan on the CPU HSF. The fan has a custom connector to attach it to the power supply (Molex SL, in case you were wondering.) The cable to attach the fan is included. along with a 'molex' power plug to SATA adapter, and the main 20-pin ATX power plug (see the pictures below for details.) This also includes the wall mount rails. I don't plan on including any other hardware (screws, standoffs, etc...) unless you need them. If there is some specific hardware that you will need, let me know and I can probably include it.

Price: $30 shipped

------------------
Free stuff:
All the stuff in this section is free (obviously), but you will need to pay shipping. PM me with your zip code if you are interested, and I will get you a shipping quote.

------------------
More stuff coming soon...
  • My roommates old computer
  • A small LCD monitor
  • Speakers
  • More free stuff!

------------------
Sold:
  • Broken Mac Mini - $30
  • PowerColor 4870X2 - $50
  • Alien Vs Predator 2010 (Steam code) - Free!
  • Pico PSU 90W - $15
  • Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard - $30
  • Western Digital 120GB SATA 2.5" Laptop drive - $20
  • 5x 640GB Western Digital Hard Drives. - $20 each
  • MSI 945GME2 ITX Motherboard + CPU + Memory - $60
  • Broken PS3 60GB - $40

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I finished wiping and testing four 640GB hard drives this weekend, as well as a few smaller ones. Anyone interested in some vintage 400MB hard drives? :p

I need an ITX board and some drives, so I'll be awaiting an update on these. Thanks and GLWS.

Oh, and bump!

Check out these old hard drives:

They still seem to work!

Also, bump for a bunch of new stuff.

My PS3 died. :( Oh well, I pretty much only used it as a blu-ray player anyways. My games are up for sale. The PS3 itself will be for sale as well, in case anyone wants it. I am wiping the hard drive first.

Bump!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back