IGN starting to test Killer NIC

I don't know. For $280 you can upgrade other components that would most likely show a better performance increase versus the increase from a over-done NIC. I like to get the best bang for my buck and this card is no where near on my list.

Jstamsek said:
I don't know. For $280 you can upgrade other components that would most likely show a better performance increase versus the increase from a over-done NIC. I like to get the best bang for my buck and this card is no where near on my list.
You realize, of course, there are people out there...(not me, just sayin')...who CAN'T upgrade their video card or CAN'T upgrade their CPU to get 'better performance', because they are already running the best components money can buy. Overclocked to hell, too.

This is just one more way to eak more performance out of their machines.

For that price you could add more bandwidth to ur account for one year and that will lower ping too. ;)

BMWlover said:
Hmm, PhysX card, X-fi card, Killer Nic, where did all the PCI slot go? Oh, and don't forget the double slot video cards.

thats what i was thinking...who's got room for another device? This could be viable if it was integrated though...I could see the high end boards doing away with PS/2 ports (include a converter to USB maybe?) and use the board space for a dedicated high end Killer NIC or whatever...mostly just a gimmick though.

Bet Abit will see this and say "Hey Fatl1ty, plug this for us...NOW BITCH!"

MC FLMJIG said:
For that price you could add more bandwidth to ur account for one year and that will lower ping too. ;)
specifics aside...I'd take that bet

anybody notice the flash ads for the killer nic on the new Gigabyte review?
http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTE0NywxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

is it me, or is that just lame?
I really don't like the ad for the killer nic, not the ad itself, but the fact that it's there.

How can we get an unbiased review on it ?

Not that I'm actually interested in purchasing it, as to me it's a complete waste of cash and bandwidth

Yes, I hate the new ads. Espicially if you are trying to read an article and the damn thing keeps flahing. :mad: Might as well turn images off in your browser then.

Back