If Web prices change after its sold or bought?

Magic66

n00b
If I bought a x800xt on a web page and the price is lower than usual can they change the price after you have ordered your video card even if a mistake ??

AX800PROTD256 ASUS AX800PROTD256
ASUS RADEON X800 PRO 256MB DDR (Dual VGA, DVI+VGA, DVI+TV-out) 426484 On
backorder $478.00
AX800XT/TVD ASUS AX800XT/TVD
ASUS RADEON X800 256MB DDR (Dual VGA, DVI+VGA, DVI+TV-out) AX800XTTVD On
backorder $498.00

Even though I bought it and its on back order can they still change the price on me?

Not quite sure what you're asking- but I think this might answer it.

If you order something and agree to pay a certain amount, you have to agree to any changes to the price you originally agreed to pay for the item. Otherwise, sue them!

Let me try to explain this better

I bought an Asus X800 XT for $499.00 which i have the confirmation number that I have bought it for that price.Its still on back order.

Every where else is selling it for 570 - 600

Can they change the price if I have already bought it for $499.00

Your question was already answered. Even if they change the price, they can't charge you more than what you originally agreed to pay. For example I'm waiting for my Gateway X800XT. I ordered when it was ~$430, and recently they changed the price to $500. Anyone ordering the card now will have to pay the new price, but myself and all the others who ordered at the cheaper price will get the cheaper price. If we didn't get it for that price, we could easily and justifiably raise hell, and no store wants to go through that.

Honestly I think it's more likely that your order would be cancelled without your consent. That's something we're all worrying about as we play the waiting game :p

Have they have charged your credit card yet?

And who did you order from?

Check the fine print on their pricing policy...If it's a reputable company, my bet is since you have a confirmation at a particular price they will honor it. (At least thats my hope...DO YOU HEAR ME GATEWAY? I WANT MY $398 X800 XT!)

Back